•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exact Soccer Academic ID camp

Expensive camp but is it worth it?

https://exactsports.com/events/socce...p-summer-2017/

how many players usually attend these camps?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Interesting with their claim that there are 50 coaches guaranteed even though they only list about 35. Most of the ones around here have been much more limited with mostly mid-low D3 coaches and few D1 ones here and there. That said, my experience was only a one day session, but it was pretty heavily attended in that there were 50-75 but with a wide range of talent (probably due to coaches attending for that one).

Comment

If a school (or multiple schools) of interest will be there then yes it can be worth it. It's not the most impressive school list but not terrible (I've seen some pretty lame ones). But when I looked at it before I found it interesting that many of the coaches attend their events all over the US - like it's their summer job.

Comment

It is their summer job, and if you happen to catch a recruit at one of them, even better. Always gotta be looking...

Comment

The camp is perfect for 8th heading into 9th grade girls
          Shy or girls that haven'y really done much as far as recruiting,grades 10-11
          Late bloomers looking into D-3 schools

Well run camp,Daughter went twice, was on a few schools radar for a bit from it but ended up signing elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered

I've heard it is a waste of time. Millions of kids get invites.

Comment

I'm curious about this too since I just received an email about my daughter attending. Good marketing on their part

Comment

The camp is perfect for 8th heading into 9th grade girls
                Shy or girls that haven'y really done much as far as recruiting,grades 10-11
                Late bloomers looking into D-3 schools

Well run camp,Daughter went twice, was on a few schools radar for a bit from it but ended up signing elsewhere
                Like someone said if there's a school there you want then it's worthwhile. It's also worthwhile to test the waters like you said. All depends on what you want to get out of it. They're usually nearby so no real travel involved. Yes tons of kids get invites but the numbers aren't too bad

Comment

Like someone said if there's a school there you want then it's worthwhile. It's also worthwhile to test the waters like you said. All depends on what you want to get out of it. They're usually nearby so no real travel involved. Yes tons of kids get invites but the numbers aren't too bad
                  even if there is a school there you want, how likely is it that you will get assigned to that particular coach's group- very unlikely given the sheer numbers that attend.

Comment

even if there is a school there you want, how likely is it that you will get assigned to that particular coach's group- very unlikely given the sheer numbers that attend.
                    Theyare all over. Always contact the coach ahead of time to express your interest and so you both look for each other. They don't just window shop at these events

Comment

Very likely if you do your part,once you sign up they'll ask your daughter/son who's their top few choices to train with,they'll match them up,there is also a meet and greet with each coach.If your kid is set on schools that aren't on the list save your money and hit one of those schools camps instead

Comment

I'm curious about this too since I just received an email about my daughter attending. Good marketing on their part
                        It's not an invitation-only event. It's open to anyone, and the invitations are just email spam (bought email lists from tournaments, etc.)

Comment

Very likely if you do your part,once you sign up they'll ask your daughter/son who's their top few choices to train with,they'll match them up,there is also a meet and greet with each coach.If your kid is set on schools that aren't on the list save your money and hit one of those schools camps instead
                          This comment smells like marketing, the whole thread does. Everyone gets these "invitations".

Comment

This comment smells like marketing, the whole thread does. Everyone gets these "invitations".
                            If it was marketing, why would they suggest attending on campus camps instead? The post was accurate. Chances are you'll have to still go to on campus camps, but events like this can provide a filter to see if there's any interest from coaches, or if you're even good enough. Better if you can do them prior to summer because all the on campus events are jammed up into a 6-8 week time period, so you have to pick and chose. No point in going if there's no interest by the program. I'm not pro Exact or any other specific one but am just saying they can be helpful depending on what a player wants to get out of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X