Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone sampling America FC United?

Checking the scene out & one of our town parents mentioned America FC United was more affordable to anyone testing the waters before the "leap." Any insights/feedback?

Quality of players, teams, trainers and level of play vary greatly between individual teams in this club. You'll need to do your work to find out where your kid would fit there. Get to some practices, go to a game, talk to other parents.

Comment

Thanks, OP here, just looking to see if there were others familiar with this club. It's my girls first tryout & there's not much info you can gather this time of year other than customer feedback I would think. If I read things properly, America FC out of Quincy is a non profit. Anyone know how to find listings of other Ma. non profit youth soccer clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Checking the scene out & one of our town parents mentioned America FC United was more affordable to anyone testing the waters before the "leap." Any insights/feedback?
        AFC has been gaining momentum recently on various teams and the fees are much more affordable than other clubs. The older teams string passes together quite well. Probably one of the better deals in the area.

Comment

Thanks, OP here, just looking to see if there were others familiar with this club. It's my girls first tryout & there's not much info you can gather this time of year other than customer feedback I would think. If I read things properly, America FC out of Quincy is a non profit. Anyone know how to find listings of other Ma. non profit youth soccer clubs?
          What is it that you are looking for in a club? Convenience, Affordability, Developmen?
          How old is your daughter?
          What does she want?

If you are looking for a nice balance, AFC is a great choice. if your.child has aspirations and ability, you will move on soon enough

Comment

OP here, our girl is U11 & now just looking for better coaching than town. D has some ability & we just want to up the fun factor for now. We're certain that with some direction she could up da fun. Sounds like this may be a good fit at this stage.

Comment

They train up on the quarry hills fields. I suggest going up there to observe and talk to others.
              Good luck!

Comment

OP here, our girl is U11 & now just looking for better coaching than town. D has some ability & we just want to up the fun factor for now. We're certain that with some direction she could up da fun. Sounds like this may be a good fit at this stage.
                Agreed, great local alternative. Not a destination club. The reality is that by definition "most" players only need local clubs. The harsher reality is that most parents believe their child is not most players. If you are smart enough, and comfortable enough to acceot that your kid is within one standard deviation of average, stay with America FC throughout

Comment

Agreed, great local alternative. Not a destination club. The reality is that by definition "most" players only need local clubs. The harsher reality is that most parents believe their child is not most players. If you are smart enough, and comfortable enough to acceot that your kid is within one standard deviation of average, stay with America FC throughout
                  Yes, we think good advice...we were looking @more $ clubs & thought we should start out a bit slower as it can be overwhelming to test these waters. Certainly a business, we want to tap into more enjoyment & experience for now. Also looking @synergy, (get a bit more for your $)but aware they are partnering w/gps

Comment

AFC is 1/3rd the cost of gps. As far as a destination, they have a few older teams that can really ping the ball around nicely. I can tell you that if one of their players deserves to be seen at the collegiate level then surely they will. The larger clubs want you to believe otherwise.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the same person posted every single one of those posts.

Comment

My boy played for America FC for his first few years in club. Nice people in charge. A couple good coaches, but not a lot. Good option for the cash strapped as it was way cheaper. At the end of our tenure they had grown a little and each team was practicing on postage stamp areas as they had too many teams sharing a field. We moved on to one of the top 5 and way more good coaches and better teams, fields, tournaments etc. You get what you pay for. Saying all that I'd tell anyone its a good club to start with to see if your kid likes to take it a little more seriously than town.

Comment

Agree with general consensus here (other than the guy who thinks the whole thread is the creation of one poster...who would that "lone gunman" be, given the mixed reviews?) It is basically a steady Maple-type club, a few teams will punch above their weight, not really a "destination" club but that isn't a knock--it just depends on what you think your kids' destination is, which requires a keener grasp of reality than most of us have. It is a good place to see where soccer fits in your family life. Too much commitment for some, not enough for others--but just right for those who stay.

Comment

Yes good advice, again thinking of Synergy as well. We've got some recommendations for them but not so sure that enough of D's age group might sign up for tryouts to field a team. America FC seems to be a bit bigger. We most likely will sample both
                            ...and I know that I didn't supply ALL posts on this thread! Lol but comments are helpful, thx

Comment

Yes good advice, again thinking of Synergy as well. We've got some recommendations for them but not so sure that enough of D's age group might sign up for tryouts to field a team. America FC seems to be a bit bigger. We most likely will sample both
                              ...and I know that I didn't supply ALL posts on this thread! Lol but comments are helpful, thx
                              I would say give Synergy some serious thought. America FC will stay with Maple/NSL while Synergy will be moving to the NEP this fall. Sad to say the Maple teams seem to be dwidnling every season. Your daughter may not get any competition superior to what she experiences now in rec soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X