Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars coaches

Can anyone explain to me why the Stars coaches have zero ability or willingness to communicate to parents and there child. I have reached out to the coach on multiple occasions via email and cell with no response. I have in turn reached out to JD. No response. This is our 2nd year with the the club and have seen it with multiple coaches. After my daughter's game/practice the coach will do everything he can to avoid coming in contact with parents. They have no interest in communicating with there paying customer. A very poor commentary on how to retain a customer. We will be leaving this spring. The excuse of not wanting to deal with an overbearing/annoying parent is inexcusable. They are in the service industry....tired of stars....

Is this a serious post? You people are crazy. We aren't with Stars but do you honestly think BBA coaches are answering all the calls immediately from the crazy parents of the players that were cut on my D's team? Ridiculous.

Comment

One of the reasons we left FC Stars. Communication was terrible. They want your check and have to do only the bare minimum. Best decision we made.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Is this a serious post? You people are crazy. We aren't with Stars but do you honestly think BBA coaches are answering all the calls immediately from the crazy parents of the players that were cut on my D's team? Ridiculous.
        I think they were referencing their current coach. Our NEFC coach is in constant communication us. He initiates texts and emails and responds within minutes to texts, and hours to emails. Very parent friendly!

Comment

I think they were referencing their current coach. Our NEFC coach is in constant communication us. He initiates texts and emails and responds within minutes to texts, and hours to emails. Very parent friendly!
          We are with FC Boston and have the same experience with our coach, he is very good with communication. We wouldn't have it any other way. Totally unacceptable and unprofessional.

Comment

Stars coaches

This is the norm. Not acceptable, but until parents stop paying they will continue to grow. We have been with stars for 3 years and it's the same thing every year. Happy with the coaching but horrible communication with the parents. My d plays on npl for what it's worth. They could get a lesson in customer management.

Comment

Ok, BBA, keep posting and maybe you will convince the kids who don't make DAP to play on your other teams.

Comment

Ok, BBA, keep posting and maybe you will convince the kids who don't make DAP to play on your other teams.
                Of course there is always that one paranoid freak that they thinks everyone is a troll. Did you take your meds today?

Comment

We are at a small nsl club and coach is great with communicating with parents and players. We are never left in the dark. That would drive me nuts. My daughter tried out for Stars years ago but we were put off by them.

Comment

Can anyone explain to me why the Stars coaches have zero ability or willingness to communicate to parents and there child. I have reached out to the coach on multiple occasions via email and cell with no response. I have in turn reached out to JD. No response. This is our 2nd year with the the club and have seen it with multiple coaches. After my daughter's game/practice the coach will do everything he can to avoid coming in contact with parents. They have no interest in communicating with there paying customer. A very poor commentary on how to retain a customer. We will be leaving this spring. The excuse of not wanting to deal with an overbearing/annoying parent is inexcusable. They are in the service industry....tired of stars....
                    Completely agree. Better communication would be nice. Even having the coach send an email with a time for a review of the season and the player would be beneficial. I would like to know my D's strengths and weaknesses from the coaches prospective prior to tryout season. My D is in the middle of the pack. Do you think she will be moving up this next season? What should she work on? Etc. I'm not sure why we stay from an adult POV. My D loves her team though and she actually loves her coach. It is frustrating though.....all that waiting just for some communication.

Comment

Completely agree. Better communication would be nice. Even having the coach send an email with a time for a review of the season and the player would be beneficial. I would like to know my D's strengths and weaknesses from the coaches prospective prior to tryout season. My D is in the middle of the pack. Do you think she will be moving up this next season? What should she work on? Etc. I'm not sure why we stay from an adult POV. My D loves her team though and she actually loves her coach. It is frustrating though.....all that waiting just for some communication.
                      Do you guys not get evaluations? We get two a year.

Comment

They are posting all over this site lately.

Comment

A club that doesn't do parent politicking? Especially during tryout season? This is a novel concept and could have legs. I like the business model thus far

Comment

This is spot on. Even at the top (ecnl) you have to dance around. It's sad that stars coaching staff spend more time with talking to new recruits vs their own players.

Comment

Stars west you get to share a coach with 7 or 8 other teams, you get a bitchy team manager for occasional communication, usually last minute, no coach at your kids game, usually some random parent will get to coach the game during which their own kid will get the most minutes. Stars west is a joke, can't wait to be done with these clowns.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X