Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tryout Time is here!!!! Yaaaaaaa everyone is so nice and helpful!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryout Time is here!!!! Yaaaaaaa everyone is so nice and helpful!!!!

So get ready parents, the tryout season has arrived. Get ready to be swept off your feet by everything your club has planned for the next upcoming season. Get ready to be made to feel like the only folks on earth. The owners of the club will be standing in front of you like you had wanted all season telling you what they are planning.

Now with that out of the way, blink pinch yourself and asking some F*&^@ing questions. Do you walk onto a car lot and point and say give me that one I hope not. Do you sit in an interview and accept the job before knowing what the pay will be again I hope not. So why on earth do you sit in silence as some guys with funny accents tell you how great things are going to be next year and then you sign a contract and pay thousands of dollars with out knowing anything really?

First order ask about the coaching slate for next year, if they can not give you that RUN! Ask for the coaching slate in writing on your contract with the names they said would be your coach, if they can't give you that RUN! Ask how many practices there will be in the Spring, Winter and Fall and how long those practice will be if they can't give you the RUN! Ask them where they are thinking about holding practice and yes if they can't tell you that RUN! Set yourself up so that if the club does not come through on their promise you have an easy way out. What do a I mean your contract says that Jane Doe will be your coach but then you get John Doe instead well that is not the contract you signed get out and get your refund as well.

Good luck to everyone in their tryouts should be another crazy couple of months in the soccer world!!!!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So get ready parents, the tryout season has arrived. Get ready to be swept off your feet by everything your club has planned for the next upcoming season. Get ready to be made to feel like the only folks on earth. The owners of the club will be standing in front of you like you had wanted all season telling you what they are planning.

Now with that out of the way, blink pinch yourself and asking some F*&^@ing questions. Do you walk onto a car lot and point and say give me that one I hope not. Do you sit in an interview and accept the job before knowing what the pay will be again I hope not. So why on earth do you sit in silence as some guys with funny accents tell you how great things are going to be next year and then you sign a contract and pay thousands of dollars with out knowing anything really?

First order ask about the coaching slate for next year, if they can not give you that RUN! Ask for the coaching slate in writing on your contract with the names they said would be your coach, if they can't give you that RUN! Ask how many practices there will be in the Spring, Winter and Fall and how long those practice will be if they can't give you the RUN! Ask them where they are thinking about holding practice and yes if they can't tell you that RUN! Set yourself up so that if the club does not come through on their promise you have an easy way out. What do a I mean your contract says that Jane Doe will be your coach but then you get John Doe instead well that is not the contract you signed get out and get your refund as well.

Good luck to everyone in their tryouts should be another crazy couple of months in the soccer world!!!!
    Great advice! A contract should be a two-way document. This is what you will get and this is what you will pay for it all.

If the club does not deliver what they have promised, if the promise is in writing and the club does not deliver what they promised, you will most likely get a refund if you leave. Without those details, you are stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Great advice! A contract should be a two-way document. This is what you will get and this is what you will pay for it all.

If the club does not deliver what they have promised, if the promise is in writing and the club does not deliver what they promised, you will most likely get a refund if you leave. Without those details, you are stuck.
      What is the point of tryouts these days? Aren't all the clubs first and 2nd teams pretty much a lock? With Stars having their 2nd 'ID clinic' to lock up players and BBA already having had two and other clubs have sent emails stating when their players will be locked up it seems almost meaningless - just sayin' tryouts are going route of the Dodo bird

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2044690]Great advice! A contract should be a two-way document. This is what you will get and this is what you will pay for it all.

If the club does not deliver what they have promised, if the promise is in writing and the club does not deliver what they promised, you will most likely get a refund if you leave. Without those details, you are stuck.[/QUOTE

Define "promise"
        What do you "promise"?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X