Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL tryouts

I heard FC Boston has tryouts tomorrow. Anyone know when the other ECNL clubs have tryouts?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard FC Boston has tryouts tomorrow. Anyone know when the other ECNL clubs have tryouts?
    Check the websites.

Comment

It's an 'ID Clinic'...ya know, the same thing every other club is having these days.

Comment

Not according to their website. You might want to do a little independent research.

Comment

Not according to their website. You might want to do a little independent research.
          Nothing at Stars yet.

Comment

For those with daughters on ECNL clubs now, how did they get there? Just curious did they start as U Littles with Scorpions and Stars and move up over the years? Or did they change clubs at some point from a non-ECNL to stars and scorps with the intent on getting into the ECNL team? Is there a typical path assuming the right soccer skills, work ethic, athleticism, drive, etc. I guess my question is it mostly home grown or transfers in at ECNL time?

Comment

For those with daughters on ECNL clubs now, how did they get there? Just curious did they start as U Littles with Scorpions and Stars and move up over the years? Or did they change clubs at some point from a non-ECNL to stars and scorps with the intent on getting into the ECNL team? Is there a typical path assuming the right soccer skills, work ethic, athleticism, drive, etc. I guess my question is it mostly home grown or transfers in at ECNL time?
              My daughter made it U15. But she had been spotted prior to tryouts. She was invited to tryouts by the club.

Comment

My daughter transferred in at u12. Her technical skill was behind the other top team players. Through improvement she worked her way up.

Comment

ECNL boys

Any thoughts of the boys ECNL?
                  Only Stars and FC Boston are involved.
                  The competition is up and down the Northeast region.
                  This league does not prevent HS ball.

Comment

Any thoughts of the boys ECNL?
                    Only Stars and FC Boston are involved.
                    The competition is up and down the Northeast region.
                    This league does not prevent HS ball.
                    Personally I think it will do fairly well if it creates the same kind of platform they have on the girls. It will take tme for it to ramp up. But there a re plenty of boys looking to play in college who either don't want DA or aren't quite good enough. I also think lower level DA players who are frustrated and not playing much will consider it (only from non MLS clubs). Of course DA will remain ##1 while NPL becomes irrelevant

Comment

Personally I think it will do fairly well if it creates the same kind of platform they have on the girls. It will take tme for it to ramp up. But there a re plenty of boys looking to play in college who either don't want DA or aren't quite good enough. I also think lower level DA players who are frustrated and not playing much will consider it (only from non MLS clubs). Of course DA will remain ##1 while NPL becomes irrelevant
                      Considering it for my boy. Two concerns: travel and level and number of quality coaches at clubs offering boys ECNL. There are only so many good coaches.

Comment

Considering it for my boy. Two concerns: travel and level and number of quality coaches at clubs offering boys ECNL. There are only so many good coaches.
                        Travel is definitely an issue but is workable. The good thing about ECNL is they group games so if you have to go to PA for a weekend you bang out two games vs two clubs, not just one. Take a look at the girls' schedules to get an idea of how it works. Also if you're comfortable sending him with another family or two to split costs that helps financially.

Coaching will vary by club of course. Many clubs seem to be taking their A teams and moving them ECNL so in most cases the coaches are solid already. It isn't like ramping up GDA, and entirely new league that is supposed to have the highest level licensed coaches. There's only so many A coaches to go around

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X