Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP Rostering

Any idea how NEP will be handling this "quality control? per the below?

Players should ONLY be rostered on an appropriate roster for NEP/NEC matches. Players should not be playing in Divisions below their HOME roster - meaning, it is strongly encouraged to avoid a win at all costs mentality when reviewing your rosters each week. It is also recommended for players to play only (1) match per day. We will be implementing several quality control measures to the rostering process for the upcoming Fall Season.

I don't know but I love it

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Players should ONLY be rostered on an appropriate roster for NEP/NEC matches. Players should not be playing in Divisions below their HOME roster - meaning, it is strongly encouraged to avoid a win at all costs mentality when reviewing your rosters each week. It is also recommended for players to play only (1) match per day. We will be implementing several quality control measures to the rostering process for the upcoming Fall Season.
      AKA 'The South Shore Select Rule'

Comment

I like the idea and I hope it can be implemented. The rule as stated leaves a lot of wiggle room though. The swing kids will "home rostered" on the lower team and then play up which apparently will be just fine. The recommendation for 1 game a day will be completely ignored until it is made a rule.

Comment

Maybe I'm daft, but aren't kids only on one roster and one team anyway? At least at our club we have one team per age group (small club), there have been times a younger player is brought up for a tournament if numbers are low.
          Is this for when you have more then one team per age group? Clubs really move them around to secure a win?

Comment

I'd say 50% or more of NEP games have "moved around" players. Maybe way more than that.

Comment

Maybe I'm daft, but aren't kids only on one roster and one team anyway? At least at our club we have one team per age group (small club), there have been times a younger player is brought up for a tournament if numbers are low.
              Is this for when you have more then one team per age group? Clubs really move them around to secure a win?
              My kid has played on 4 different rosters during a single season, albeit before the age-restructuring last year. Was an autumn birthday, so eligible to play with the lower-aged team (her age-appropriate team), but never did. Always played up since when she first started, they combined the ages. However, she'd help if they were short numbers (maybe 2-3 times per season.

She played on her 'real' team, which was the "B" team for her club. A few times, she was called up as a reward/incentive to the "A" team for her club. Then, the older group was stretched to support multiple teams, so they would scramble to get numbers at times and she played a few with them, too.

Not to secure a win, but to secure they have enough.

Glass-is-half empty guy says they should cut players so they have the right amount and not be so greedy.

Glass-is-half full guy says this is great that they are giving opportunities for those who want it.

Comment

It's quite common. I am glad the NEP is doing something about it. I can promise you this and that is the parents of the kids who are actually on the team don't like the guest players either. They just take away playing time from kids on the team. It isn't just the opposing team that doesn't like it.

No one minds if numbers are low for a given game or event but some clubs do it on a regular basis when the actual team has 4-6 subs already.

Comment

Can you post a link to the page where you are seeing this new change? This will be problematic for those clubs who train teams together and then split the rosters differently every weekend into A & B teams, depending on who is working the hardest....

Comment

Can you post a link to the page where you are seeing this new change? This will be problematic for those clubs who train teams together and then split the rosters differently every weekend into A & B teams, depending on who is working the hardest....
                    May depend on how you interpret it. I.e. one could argue they are putting people into appropriate levels, so that's OK. And, not necessarily playing more than one a day.

I am an advocate of keeping your top players concentrated on the top team, your lowest players on the lowest team, and mix/match the middle based on effort/performance.

Comment

2. Please make sure your scores are reported: www.nepremiership.com/score-reporting.html

3. Information about our NEP PDP Program: www.nepremiership.com/pdp.html

4. Rosters: We are currently auditing each of your rosters. Your teams should be stand alone groups, meaning, you do not NEED to ADD players each week to fulfill your schedule obligations.

The MAXIMUM number of CLUB PASSED players for a NEP/NEC game is (5) if an opponent has more than (5) players written in on their roster, please email me that roster: sean@newenglandpremiership.com

5. U9/U10 Festivals: You will be receiving an email from Martyn Emery regarding the make up days for our WEATHER CANCELLATION of our Opening Weekend Festivals.

6. Your club Directors of Coaching agreed to ban punting from our U9/U10 Boys and Girls Festival matches. Goalkeepers should not be punting at our Festival Games. If a GK does punt, it is encouraged to use this as a "Teachable Moment" Our U9/U10 matches are for developing our players. Please use common sense with your opposing coach to ensure players from BOTH teams are able to maximize their playing/developing experiences.

7. NEP Final Four Weekend Match Ups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fWlg5U/pubhtml

8. NEP State Cups: www.nepstatecups.com

9. Game Change Forms: Any changes for this coming weekend need to be submitted by the end of the day tomorrow, Tuesday, April 25: www.nepremiership.com/managers.html

Comment

It's quite common. I am glad the NEP is doing something about it. I can promise you this and that is the parents of the kids who are actually on the team don't like the guest players either. They just take away playing time from kids on the team. It isn't just the opposing team that doesn't like it.

No one minds if numbers are low for a given game or event but some clubs do it on a regular basis when the actual team has 4-6 subs already.
                        I have no problem with kids playing up to help fill a short roster. But "guest players" taking time away from regular players? Parents put up with that? No thank you.

Comment

2. Please make sure your scores are reported: www.nepremiership.com/score-reporting.html

3. Information about our NEP PDP Program: www.nepremiership.com/pdp.html

4. Rosters: We are currently auditing each of your rosters. Your teams should be stand alone groups, meaning, you do not NEED to ADD players each week to fulfill your schedule obligations.

The MAXIMUM number of CLUB PASSED players for a NEP/NEC game is (5) if an opponent has more than (5) players written in on their roster, please email me that roster: sean@newenglandpremiership.com

5. U9/U10 Festivals: You will be receiving an email from Martyn Emery regarding the make up days for our WEATHER CANCELLATION of our Opening Weekend Festivals.

6. Your club Directors of Coaching agreed to ban punting from our U9/U10 Boys and Girls Festival matches. Goalkeepers should not be punting at our Festival Games. If a GK does punt, it is encouraged to use this as a "Teachable Moment" Our U9/U10 matches are for developing our players. Please use common sense with your opposing coach to ensure players from BOTH teams are able to maximize their playing/developing experiences.

7. NEP Final Four Weekend Match Ups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fWlg5U/pubhtml

8. NEP State Cups: www.nepstatecups.com

9. Game Change Forms: Any changes for this coming weekend need to be submitted by the end of the day tomorrow, Tuesday, April 25: www.nepremiership.com/managers.html
                          What are the rules for Fall 2017 relegation and promotion in NEP and New England NPL

Comment

Everyone should follow it in all leagues. "Guest" players should be reserved for emergencies only (light roster due to injuries), not to win games. Guest players should be sued for subs only, not starting and getting more PT than regularly rostered players

Playing more than one game/weekend is a nice touch but in NE would be tough to implement because of weather. Also parents want to feel like they're getting their money's worth.

Comment

What clubs splits the teams every weekend? I've hard of a and b teams training together but never selecting a top team each work out of group of players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X