Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Keeper is Short

My youth soccer keeper is short. And has short parents. But he's a good keeper. Recommendations?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My youth soccer keeper is short. And has short parents. But he's a good keeper. Recommendations?
    Teach him to come off he's line and be aggressive. Use his quickness as an advantage

Comment

Score more goals than the other team.

Comment

What do you mean, recommendations? What's your point?

Comment

The rack. Every day after school for an hour

Comment

The rack. Every day after school for an hour
            My coach is short.

Comment

My coach is short.
              So are other things, I hear...

Comment

Keeper... is that some kind of slang for your weenie?

Comment

Keeper... is that some kind of slang for your weenie?
                  No, that would be his striker...

Comment

Two best goalies I ever played with: One was 6'4", they other 5'7". I cannot tell you which was better, as they were both incredible. The 5'7" won a DII National Championship, so he had to do something right.

It's hard at the youth level when the keeper can't touch the bar. It's going to happen, and while it stinks...oh well. He'll grow enough to eventually at least cover the net. Unless he's Tyrion Lannister. Then, at least, he's be a nasty little badger.

Comment

The age and level of play are important considerations in this discussion. Town travel u12? who cares if he's helping your team and having fun. U12 pre academy wouldn't be asking this question on this board so ....

Comment

My keeper is tall and is terrible.

Comment

Be realistic. At older ages the taller keeper will get chosen over your guy all the time. So, there's no future in goalkeeping for this kid. As a coach, it's up to you to make sure he develops as a field player and to push him that way, at least part time, too.

Comment

Be realistic. At older ages the taller keeper will get chosen over your guy all the time. So, there's no future in goalkeeping for this kid. As a coach, it's up to you to make sure he develops as a field player and to push him that way, at least part time, too.
                            No true...while taller is of course more preferable, "no future" is just not the case.

Comment

No true...while taller is of course more preferable, "no future" is just not the case.
                              Your only kidding yourself. I've heard straight away from national team GK that he will pass on the player solely on size.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X