Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is too long to wait on an email back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long is too long to wait on an email back?

I emailed a club on Tuesday to ask about tryouts at 2 age groups. They don't know my kids or their level of play so it shouldn't be disinterest that has them not responding. I expected a response within 48 hours even if they haven't set their tryout dates yet. Am I wrong to think that 48 hours is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a response to an inquiry?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I emailed a club on Tuesday to ask about tryouts at 2 age groups. They don't know my kids or their level of play so it shouldn't be disinterest that has them not responding. I expected a response within 48 hours even if they haven't set their tryout dates yet. Am I wrong to think that 48 hours is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a response to an inquiry?
    No that is reasonable. Try them one more time then walk away if still no response

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      No that is reasonable. Try them one more time then walk away if still no response
      Coaches are getting inundated so keep trying or ask a family with a child in the club.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow and then walk if I don't hear by early next week.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try again tomorrow and then walk if I don't hear by early next week.
          Did you email the DOC or a coach? If no response from the DOC, I'd walk. Coaches take longer to respond.

Comment

My daughter was approached by a top club mid summer at a soccer camp. She waited months to hear from a coach, and then the DOC had her attend lower team practices, where she progressed a team a session until they placed her on the top team. I'm not sure this is the normal sequence. It felt like they either wanted to confirm the coaches evaluation, or follow the process and appease other parents. Her acceptance by the top team took a while. Players are competitive and she was viewed as a new threat. But by the end of the first season she was comfortable with her teammates. A few of the parents have yet to accept her, as she's taken playing time from their kids. She wonders why these parents always shoot her dirty looks, as she is friends with their daughters, covers for them defensively while regularly setting them up to score. I advise her to worry about her team and the game and to ignore the miserable, over involved soccer parents.

Comment

My daughter was approached by a top club mid summer at a soccer camp. She waited months to hear from a coach, and then the DOC had her attend lower team practices, where she progressed a team a session until they placed her on the top team. I'm not sure this is the normal sequence. It felt like they either wanted to confirm the coaches evaluation, or follow the process and appease other parents. Her acceptance by the top team took a while. Players are competitive and she was viewed as a new threat. But by the end of the first season she was comfortable with her teammates. A few of the parents have yet to accept her, as she's taken playing time from their kids. She wonders why these parents always shoot her dirty looks, as she is friends with their daughters, covers for them defensively while regularly setting them up to score. I advise her to worry about her team and the game and to ignore the miserable, over involved soccer parents.
              ...who post on talking soccer

Comment

Nice story. What does it have to do with getting an email?

Comment

...who post on talking soccer
                  You mean the "miserable, over-involved soccer parents" or the op?
                  Most likely both, huh?
                  Op doesn't even see the irony.

Comment

Which one are you?

Comment

Nice story. What does it have to do with getting an email?
                      Coaches show interest, but they are coaches. They might be busy trying to make a living. Or they might be disorganized. My daughter had to wait months. Way past commitment deadlines. And then she had to prove herself with lower level teams until the club placed her appropriately. Patience worked out great for her.

Just because you haven't gotten an email doesn't mean your child isn't wanted.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X