Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girl's and Women's NT Call-up Spreadsheet.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl's and Women's NT Call-up Spreadsheet.

I'm looking for the spreadsheet that has the history of call-ups. Anyone have the link.

Also congrats to the South Shore Select and Breakers Academy U15 defenders who were invited to camp this past week. Congrats to these two clubs as well, u15 invites two camps in a row. First mids, now defenders.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm looking for the spreadsheet that has the history of call-ups. Anyone have the link.

Also congrats to the South Shore Select and Breakers Academy U15 defenders who were invited to camp this past week. Congrats to these two clubs as well, u15 invites two camps in a row. First mids, now defenders.
    you want it, you do the research. i hope your kid does not take after you.

Comment

you want it, you do the research. i hope your kid does not take after you.
      This is just how LL rolls. Makes a big deal about a U15 call up as though SSS made it all possible knowing full well that it puts a big target on the kid's back. But hey whatever it takes to sell the two bit club. Congrats to the kid though. Hope she goes on to make the full NT in spite of LL.

Comment

This is just how LL rolls. Makes a big deal about a U15 call up as though SSS made it all possible knowing full well that it puts a big target on the kid's back. But hey whatever it takes to sell the two bit club. Congrats to the kid though. Hope she goes on to make the full NT in spite of LL.
        A target on her back? You say that all the time but what does that even mean? What, we can't spend 2 seconds talking about anyone who isn't with dear NEFC? Did you wake up still ugly today?

Comment

A target on her back? You say that all the time but what does that even mean? What, we can't spend 2 seconds talking about anyone who isn't with dear NEFC? Did you wake up still ugly today?
          The fame of the moment undoubtedly feels great to the kid and her family but 6 months from now they will begin to see that it can become a huge burden as both player and parents realize that now everyone knows who she is and she becomes the player they all want to beat out on the field. That is real pressure and tough for most kids to deal with. If the player is really good most of it is inevitable and that is difficult enough but the family will learn that when the clubs put a player in their marketing spotlight at such an early age it casts a much taller shadow for their kid to live up to which makes the whole situation infinitely more difficult to manage. Not only will the parents need to keep their kid's head screwed on right but they then need to protect her from the inevitable jealousies that will become a part of her daily life. You don't see clubs that really have experience handling such players start a thread like this one to promote their brand. It just cries of desperation and speaks to how little experience they have will developing top level players. There is actually way more to doing that than just teaching foot skills.

Comment

The fame of the moment undoubtedly feels great to the kid and her family but 6 months from now they will begin to see that it can become a huge burden as both player and parents realize that now everyone knows who she is and she becomes the player they all want to beat out on the field. That is real pressure and tough for most kids to deal with. If the player is really good most of it is inevitable and that is difficult enough but the family will learn that when the clubs put a player in their marketing spotlight at such an early age it casts a much taller shadow for their kid to live up to which makes the whole situation infinitely more difficult to manage. Not only will the parents need to keep their kid's head screwed on right but they then need to protect her from the inevitable jealousies that will become a part of her daily life. You don't see clubs that really have experience handling such players start a thread like this one to promote their brand. It just cries of desperation and speaks to how little experience they have will developing top level players. There is actually way more to doing that than just teaching foot skills.
            Oh, BTNT, could you be any more full of yourself? Can't you use your brilliance to help out with international affairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              As opposed to those that start threads like SSS sucks, FC Boston has problems, What rotten parents would send their kids to the Revs, Valeo is a disaster, Stars sucks too, GPS is greedy. Hmm. Wonder which club is missing. I have a theory. The one that posts most of the crap here. Hypocrite.

Comment

Oh, BTNT, could you be any more full of yourself? Can't you use your brilliance to help out with international affairs?
                another day, another "I see BTDT" post. Add something of value, please.
                While I certainly agree that our focus should be on the player and her wonderful accomplishment, his post has merit. Those things will happen.

I am sure her parents and coaches recognize that fame comes with a price. This is a great problem to have, and I expect they will handle it in their own way. They know her best.

Comment

While I certainly agree that our focus should be on the player and her wonderful accomplishment, his post has merit. Those things will happen.

I am sure her parents and coaches recognize that fame comes with a price. This is a great problem to have, and I expect they will handle it in their own way. They know her best.
                  Absurdity at its finest. Love these efforts to make doing well so horrible and burdensome. "They know her best." LOL. Yes, let's keep the family in our thoughts during this difficult time.

Comment

So you agree he's posting? As for the "merit," you've got to be kidding.

Comment

Absurdity at its finest. Love these efforts to make doing well so horrible and burdensome. "They know her best." LOL. Yes, let's keep the family in our thoughts during this difficult time.
                      yup, much like this post, you once again add no value.
                      Are you implying the parents don't "Know her best"?
                      Do you have any advice for them?

Comment

yup, much like this post, you once again add no value.
                        Are you implying the parents don't "Know her best"?
                        Do you have any advice for them?
                        Please alert us when you add something of value for the first time. I'm sure the parents don't need any advice, and even if they did, there is nothing more absurd than suggesting they should be directed to any advice here on TS. Those kind of comments just expose you from the jump.

Comment

Please alert us when you add something of value for the first time. I'm sure the parents don't need any advice, and even if they did, there is nothing more absurd than suggesting they should be directed to any advice here on TS. Those kind of comments just expose you from the jump.
                          Thank you for admitting you have no advice nor substance to offer.
                          Please return to your "I see BTNT" activity. Which you aren't very good at btw.

Comment

Thank you for admitting you have no advice nor substance to offer.
                            Please return to your "I see BTNT" activity. Which you aren't very good at btw.
                            LOL. But YOU are good at it, apparently. Maybe you can take over. You've certainly got the apologist routine down to a science. BTW, correcting the record to reflect that the parents don't need "your" or "his" advice IS substance.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                              If you have a boy and aren’t watching these games you have no idea what is going on. You should shut your mouth because you are sticking both of your feet in it and the soles are filled with dog crap. What is going on has nothing what so ever to do with development and everything to do with that club’s obsessive need to win by any means necessary. I have no problem what so ever with dual rostering and in fact my daughter has played a number of games this spring for other NEFC teams. As far as I am concerned though, if you really are trying to develop players you don’t move them laterally across leagues within their own age group so they can impact league standings, you move them up into older age groups like every other club we have seen is doing. The Stars are the only ones obviously trying to alter the league standings by switching players around the way they are. What they are doing is incredibly disrespectful to the every other coach and player that is involved with one of the competitions they are involved with. It is disgusting to call it development because it most certainly is not.

Yesterday’s U15 Region 1 games are a perfect example of how what the Stars are doing just craps on everyone else. Their Stars West team was down in NJ with us playing PDA and Brentwood. These were hardly blow off games because the other three teams were all competing for the top spot and chance to advance to the league playoff next week down in Delaware. In addition to the league standings, there were a number of scenarios where goal differential might have made a difference. The Stars had a conflict with their ECNL schedule so they only sent 9 field players to play in the R1 games. Stars West lost both games by a combined score of 12-1. I feel very sorry for those players and their families who had to make that trip yesterday because it was a farce. Suffice to say that the Stars West team both MPS and NEFC played back in March was not the same team the rest of the league faced and that had a material impact on the entire league. That team only played two games and bagged the rest. The bottom line is if you are not going to support the league you shouldn’t enter into it because actions like that invalidate what everyone else is doing. It is bs to caulk it off as development. Personally, I would like nothing better than to have my daughter's club boycott the Stars games in the State Cup. If winning the damn thing is so important to them, let's just agree to give them the damn trophy so the rest of us can get on with things.
                              I half expected this sort of response. It is so typical of the selfish mindset that festers in that club. I’m sure glad that not all of the clubs in the state think and act like them so there are actually options to avoid this sort of boorish behavior. If you think how they go about handling themselves is admirable so be it, I obviously have a completely different opinion on how competition and development work together. I feel that if you are going have healthy competition you need to have respect for your opponent. My chief complaint in this situation is that they chose a course of action which impacted more players and teams than their own and they apparently didn’t take them into consideration. I found what they did to be selfish and disrespectful.
                              I don’t know where the education piece is coming from but I will tell you that I just checked those rosters myself and noticed that the GK that played in our game is also not on the SW roster. Are you trying to say that half the team was in school on Saturday? I don’t know whether those rosters on the R1 site are actually official but as someone just noted, it does speak to the number of players they had available. When you add the GK, that puts their roster at somewhere around 18. They only sent 9 field players down to NJ on Saturday. The striker and GK that played in our game are on the official match report for their ECNL game on that same day. It looks like they brought all 21 players to the ECNL game. They needed all 21? If those two players went with SW they would have had to play the entire match. If this really was all about development you have to believe that playing an entire game is at least as beneficial as playing a fraction of a game even if you think the other opponent is superior.

Clearly by not sending players to prop up their undermanned SW team the Stars are sending the message that they think the R1 competition is completely beneath them. Believe it or not, I am OK with that mindset. I don’t share it, but have no problem if that is what they want to believe. My complaint here goes to sportsmanship. Why enter the league at all then if you are not going to support it? There is no legitimate reason to send an undermanned team when you have more players available. All that they did was screw up that league for everyone else by essentially pulling their support for the team they entered in it after the first two games. This is no different than the parents who sign their kids up for a team and then let them quite after the first game. I think we all probably feel some disrespect for those parents. From where I sit, what the Stars did is just as selfish and unsportsmanlike. The only thing they didn’t do was get stuck with fines for forfeiting games. They just passed that cost onto the poor families who made the trip to NJ. As far as I am concerned what they are doing is nothing more than employing a scorched earth sort of policy where the Stars attempt to disrupt all of their competitor’s season presumably for marketing effect. That is a pretty sad way to go about running a youth sports club.
                              Now guess who just happens to be "born" in the same thread just a few posts down?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X