Are all South Shore sports parents this bad

http://turtleboysports.com/heres-the...ion-to-resign/

Typical Braintree parents

Comment

It explains the CFC parents for sure.

Comment

Payback is sweet!

Comment

Fair warning to all parents: Email to a public employee is public record

Best Practice for Coaches: Put disclosure in email signature that all email is public and must be shared upon request.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Typical Braintree parents
            Something similar happened with soccer coaches in the MetroWest area...

Comment

Something similar happened with soccer coaches in the MetroWest area...
              Ooh Juicy! Please share the emails that went around to the coaches in the Metrowest area.

Comment

Just a few points: What coach would send copies of parents emails to the other families? Coach comes off as a baby. If she gets hired somewhere else are parents going to not trust her? Obviously these emails trash but where's the line though for her now?
                I know it's basketball but could happen/has happened in soccer.
                Who ever gave the emails to the reporter must not like this one family. The reporter was asked not to show the other 2 families emails why?
                These are senior parents going by the emails these were sent after the season so shouldn't the problem be resolved if these are the only ones that has a problem they are gone.
                The dad has a point on the captain issue. If his daughter was picked with 2 others why add 2 more? I know the reporter doesn't think it's a big deal and I'm sure most outsiders could careless. For any player getting picked it's a big deal to them. Looking at the roster they only had 12 players no need for 5 captains.
                The reporter talks about other coaches saying nothing but good things about her. Of course they what would they say? She won a ton of games.

I saw the coaches letter. She thanked all past parents not one current family on the roster. That seems strange. Of course all these players are still playing high level college basketball.
                Last point is this team going to be good next year?
                Sometimes it's not that hard to think of a reason to leave if knowing the future is not going to be as good as the past. I people won't know if she is truly a great coach or just got real lucky with great players.

Comment

Just a few points: What coach would send copies of parents emails to the other families? Coach comes off as a baby. If she gets hired somewhere else are parents going to not trust her? Obviously these emails trash but where's the line though for her now?
                  Who ever gave the emails to the reporter must not like this one family. The reporter was asked not to show the other 2 families emails why?
                  These are senior parents going by the emails these were sent after the season so shouldn't the problem be resolved if these are the only ones that has a problem they are gone.
                  The dad has a point on the captain issue. If his daughter was picked with 2 others why add 2 more? I know the reporter doesn't think it's a big deal and I'm sure most outsiders could careless. For any player getting picked it's a big deal to them. Looking at the roster they only had 12 players no need for 5 captains.
                  The reporter talks about other coaches saying nothing but good things about her. Of course they what would they say? She won a ton of games.

I saw the coaches letter. She thanked all past parents not one current family on the roster. That seems strange. Of course all these players are still playing high level college basketball.
                  Sometimes it's not that hard to think of a reason to leave if knowing the future is not going to be as good as the past. I people won't know if she is truly a great coach or just got real lucky with great players.
                  And this is the problem with sports parents.

Comment

The coach obviously leaked the emails and quite frankly I've never seen such a hatchet job done on parents before but in the age of social media perhaps this is the best way to control the out of whacko parents. I think the coach fighting back and embarrassing the parents is OK. They seem like jerks that deserved it so why should the coach turn the other cheek and just take their crap?

Comment

agree. How this reflects anything but horrible for the whacko parents is beyond me

Comment

Nothing like accountability.

The coach obviously leaked the emails and quite frankly I've never seen such a hatchet job done on parents before but in the age of social media perhaps this is the best way to control the out of whacko parents. I think the coach fighting back and embarrassing the parents is OK. They seem like jerks that deserved it so why should the coach turn the other cheek and just take their crap?

Comment

Once you hit "send" you no longer have any reasonable expectation of privacy.

Comment

Once you hit "send" you no longer have any reasonable expectation of privacy.
                            How about try discussing issues in person or on a phone call instead of creating a permanent record of negativity to be sent all over.

Comment

Totally agree! If the parents are embarassed by what they wrote being made public maybe they shouldn't have written it i the first place?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X