Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is going on in nj with mandates and age change

all these other large clubs and state associations have put out statements on what their plan is and how that club will be proceeding. and NJ has said nothing. I don't get it, all the parents in our 2000 kid club have no idea that this mandate even exists.

has anyone heard anything, from the state club or just a local club? from PDA? anything??

I agree this is weird. Does anyone know any details and deadlines to apply? This change will be very disruptive to say the least to existing programs. Why can't the state just start with new U8 moving forward?

Comment

Doesn't it come into affect nationwide beginning next Fall?

Comment

it's starting next fall in south jersey. The club we are with doesn't want to tell parents till tryouts. I have been trying to tell them that this was coming and everyone brushed me off. With the small sided games becoming smaller we have coaches asking what is that going to teach kids.... face palm how are you even a coach. At any rate. The age mandate is going to fall 2016 and the size of teams and fields may come the following year. But it will drop the size of teams down and affect a lot of people.

My feeling is they need to inform the parents of these kids so they have an idea that their kid may need to find a new club to play for if there is no team at their child's age group

Comment

Originally posted by Soccersal View Post
          I agree this is weird. Does anyone know any details and deadlines to apply? This change will be very disruptive to say the least to existing programs. Why can't the state just start with new U8 moving forward?
          in essence, then you are writing off a child at 7. I know, what are the chances a kid will make it, but still, these kids play as a child as the oldest on the team and are excellent, then they go try out for odp and suddenly are the youngest and cant compete. If these initiatives are to help children be better soccer players, then we certainly should have every age participate, or else you are saying that you aren't giving the opportunity to these kids who are only 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            it's starting next fall in south jersey. The club we are with doesn't want to tell parents till tryouts. I have been trying to tell them that this was coming and everyone brushed me off. With the small sided games becoming smaller we have coaches asking what is that going to teach kids.... face palm how are you even a coach. At any rate. The age mandate is going to fall 2016 and the size of teams and fields may come the following year. But it will drop the size of teams down and affect a lot of people.

My feeling is they need to inform the parents of these kids so they have an idea that their kid may need to find a new club to play for if there is no team at their child's age group
            ok thanks, that's what I thought otherwise waiting till the next year means kids would go from u8 playing 8v8 to staying at u8 and suddenly playing 4v4. if they do ages first, then change sizes the next year, I don't think it will be going backward much.

we are at the same boat, people had no idea, not even those on the board. we have a big club with a few teams at each age, so we could be fine, but they are going to wait and not say a word.

I'm betting those festivals will become more and more common and then smaller towns could have small rosters to attend those and play 5v5. I know our league said u8 will no longer be doing league play with 4v4 on the field.

Comment

No i see the clubs points... they are hoping existing teams are grandfathered in but according to US soccer that is not going to be the case... it's been all over scuttlebutt for about two years in other states NJ is just waiting till last possible second to follow suit. I know in other states they have already made the change going into this year to allow two years to get the kinks out. Should be interesting

Comment

Well any team could stay together and play up but I see that being the parents prerogative, not the clubs decision. I'm wondering if they don't want to lose players. Once they know they can't play with their friends anymore they may look for a more competitive club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X