•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Cup Game Recaps

WSM Energy at FC Portland Marine - Liberty High School

Comment

Bend came out a little slow then picked up a little before halfway through the first half. #15 scored one and Bend had about 10 shot at the goal the first half. Then the 2nd half Bend came out shooting, #15 got another one in. Bend probably had at less 15 shots the 2nd half but just couldn't get them in and a couple corner kick that where nice shots but nobody couldn't finish it off. WUSC got of a few shots in both halves and a penalty shot off the 2nd half, their girl kick to a team mate that was wide open and she popped it up over the goalies's hand the game end soon after that. With Bend 2 and WUSC 1.

Comment

Absolute heartbreak for Sunderland today. I have never seen my DD's team so all over the goal without putting one in. Alas, Possession made good on their one solid chance and bent without breaking, so we're behind the 8-ball. No rest for the weary; back at it tomorrow.

Comment

recap

LOSC Dynamite dominated the game saturday versus Atletica. The LOSC team seemed very skilled and played hard. Sunday, Atletica lost to Oregon Rush on an own goal. Unfortunate, but Atletica is just not a very good team right now. My daughter plays on this team and unfortunately the coach and club director have let the parents ruin this team. Effectively, the parents have divided this team to the point where the only hope for us is to search for another team that has strong guidelines to control the parents. Oh well, good luck to you all. Congrats to the Dynamite and to the Rush.

Comment

Re: recap

Originally posted by stryker29
            LOSC Dynamite dominated the game saturday versus Atletica. The LOSC team seemed very skilled and played hard. Sunday, Atletica lost to Oregon Rush on an own goal. Unfortunate, but Atletica is just not a very good team right now. My daughter plays on this team and unfortunately the coach and club director have let the parents ruin this team. Effectively, the parents have divided this team to the point where the only hope for us is to search for another team that has strong guidelines to control the parents. Oh well, good luck to you all. Congrats to the Dynamite and to the Rush.
            Wasn't the handwriting on the wall when this team left CFC for FC Will? Didn't you realize that this was a volatile group of people. They act like where they play. I was surprised that FC Will let them in.

Comment

I did'nt know anything about FC Will when we were forced to make the switch. Perhaps a little background will explain things better, not trying to re-create any drama, but when CFC fired their head coach they also fired the coach for my daughter's team. A few over-involved, self-absorbed parents looked for another club to go to. I was not in favor of the move but the problem was two-fold: Number 1, 90 percent of the Atletica team wanted to stay with their coach(even if that meant switching clubs) and 2.) there were not enough players willing to stay at CFC to form another team(all this happened a few weeks after try-outs) Add that to the fact that my daughter had played with most of these girls since she was 6. If if's and butts were candy and nuts, you know the saying. Anyway, I do feel sorry for the teams that have to play my daughter's team because they usually resort to physical tactics and "ugly" up the game in order to compete. Don't know how much you know about FC Will but some parents and I have approached Mr. Rowney (the founder of the club) about the parent behavior on the team and how it affects the kids, he did'nt seem too interested in tackling the problem. So my question to you is: what would you have done, it's not like Salem has many diffeerent options of clubs(like the Portland-Metro area). The only good thing is my daughter still loves the game despite the parents. Love the struggle, right?

Comment

Bend 1 vs Ginga 0, it doesn't show in the score but the girls played better today. Just couldn't finish in the net.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stryker29
                    I did'nt know anything about FC Will when we were forced to make the switch. Perhaps a little background will explain things better, not trying to re-create any drama, but when CFC fired their head coach they also fired the coach for my daughter's team. A few over-involved, self-absorbed parents looked for another club to go to. I was not in favor of the move but the problem was two-fold: Number 1, 90 percent of the Atletica team wanted to stay with their coach(even if that meant switching clubs) and 2.) there were not enough players willing to stay at CFC to form another team(all this happened a few weeks after try-outs) Add that to the fact that my daughter had played with most of these girls since she was 6. If if's and butts were candy and nuts, you know the saying. Anyway, I do feel sorry for the teams that have to play my daughter's team because they usually resort to physical tactics and "ugly" up the game in order to compete. Don't know how much you know about FC Will but some parents and I have approached Mr. Rowney (the founder of the club) about the parent behavior on the team and how it affects the kids, he did'nt seem too interested in tackling the problem. So my question to you is: what would you have done, it's not like Salem has many diffeerent options of clubs(like the Portland-Metro area). The only good thing is my daughter still loves the game despite the parents. Love the struggle, right?
                    I don't know anything about either club FC Will., or CFC. I was commenting on the abrupt switch of clubs and the parent behavior that I have seen with the Athletica team. I agree with you about the sideline behavior effecting the girls game. If it were me, I get my daughter out of there. She loves the game so find her a good select team, go north or south for a year to get her away. Kids will imitate on the field what they hear and see adults doing and saying.

In our game against Atletica this year they were getting beat by an equally skilled team and got frustrated, resulting in a very physical game where two of out players were hurt and missed their next game.

Friends are great, but injuries suck. Get her out while you can.

Comment

Sorry Shu's Daddy but, if RVSC win over FC Portland won't that put RVSC in 2nd place and WSM and FC Portland both play in silver for Spring.

Comment

Comment

SD - Thanks for your run-down of the Energy and Marine games. I guess the general question is whether the non-Gold teams are catching up to the Gold teams or whether some of the first weekend scores were just a reminder that "on any given day . . .."

More specifically, I have previously wondered about both Black Magic and RVSC. The latter was Gold at GU11 and surprised the Dynamite down in Medford during State Cup last year.

I remember seeing Black Magic compete well at LO's summer tourney, particularly along the defensive line. Someone told me that they had picked up a key player from Ireland.

Anyway, this sure has made for an interesting tournament.

Comment

Shu's Daddy - Did the girls do a shoot out after their game. I know Ginga and OSA did and OSA won that but it doesn't count unless they need to use it.

Comment

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X