Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucknell Dismisses Women's Soccer Coach

The announcement on the Bucknell Women's Soccer site really begs the question as to what is the reason for the abrupt dismissal. Rumor says that sexual conduct was involved. Also, a recent FB post from a former Bucknell assistant coach (non soccer, several years ago) expressed how surprised he was that the dismissed coach lasted as long as he did based on the inside information he was privy to.

Never a big fan......few coaching skills, fewer management skills. His successor, no doubt, will be an improvement to the program.

well what ever he did, they are keeping it hush hush. The kids don't even know the reason why he was fired. I guess we should just wait and see if a divorce is in his future, and then we will have our answer.

Comment

sour grapes

Comment

I've never seen a dismissal announcement like that. My guess is he was caught doing something that earned him a quick trip through the exit door.

Comment

does anyone know who is in the mix for this job

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I've never seen a dismissal announcement like that. My guess is he was caught doing something that earned him a quick trip through the exit door.

Comment

Originally posted by soccerguy88 View Post

Press release today announcing new coach, a former assistant coach at Dartmouth. Program has a fighting chance now.

Comment

Press release today announcing new coach, a former assistant coach at Dartmouth. Program has a fighting chance now.
              better than before, but they still had far better choices from what I understand.

Comment

wow, just heard through the grapevine who bucknell passed on for this job. ??????
                makes zero sense??????

Comment

wow, just heard through the grapevine who bucknell passed on for this job. ??????
                  makes zero sense??????

Can you give us a hint? Are they currently head coaches? D1, D2 or D3? Male or female? I heard a D3 male coach was in the running.

Comment

Knowing the facts not grapevine they interviewed 4 strong candidates and the players talked to all 4. Two were clearly better. They chose the best candidate. D1 experience, Ivy League academics, patriot league experience and recruiter at D1 level. Players are excited about the choice. Let's not make stuff up.

Comment

Knowing the facts not grapevine they interviewed 4 strong candidates and the players talked to all 4. Two were clearly better. They chose the best candidate. D1 experience, Ivy League academics, patriot league experience and recruiter at D1 level. Players are excited about the choice. Let's not make stuff up.
                      What do you know about the other strong candidate?

Comment

Names, reviewed resumes and input from players. They got it right.

Comment

Can you give us a hint? Are they currently head coaches? D1, D2 or D3? Male or female? I heard a D3 male coach was in the running.
                          You heard correct, It doesn't take long for word to travel through the soccer world.
                          That D3 male coach only recruits "Div I" athletes to their program now, and without having any scholarship money. Built a top team in the nation from nothing.
                          Would have been crazy to see what could have been done if given some scholarship money to work with.
                          Silly part is after seeing both teams play over the past few years,that coaches "D III team" would beat Bucknell handedly.

Comment

Take yur AD hat off and go back to moms basement. I'm sure it was a tough decision but they made their choice. I hear this all the time D3=D1. I saw club kids go to top D2/3 schools cuz D1did not want them.
                            By the way the coach you refer to was very qualified and the players liked him. He would have been a great choice too. We will never know.

Comment

Take yur AD hat off and go back to moms basement. I'm sure it was a tough decision but they made their choice. I hear this all the time D3=D1. I saw club kids go to top D2/3 schools cuz D1did not want them.
                              By the way the coach you refer to was very qualified and the players liked him. He would have been a great choice too. We will never know.

Top D3 program? Located in PA? I know of two very solid programs with male coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X