Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Y New England Division Returning

At my daughters holiday tournament this weekend I heard that the Super Y league is re-launching the New England Division and added more clubs. Thoughts on how this will go? If I remember correctly from when my son was playing in mid 2000s Super Y was the top league around...

Super Y was a giant pain in the *****. Lots of travel to play mediocre competition. Couldn't play the local riff raff ( they may have been better) Members only. Kind of like NEP, with less travel. Not so Super

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      At my daughters holiday tournament this weekend I heard that the Super Y league is re-launching the New England Division and added more clubs. Thoughts on how this will go? If I remember correctly from when my son was playing in mid 2000s Super Y was the top league around...
      Nothing like driving to VT to play Sat/Sun games to kill your summer.

Comment

Great change of events actually. In an era where clubs are now trying to convince players to bypass high school soccer this gives them a mechanism to keep their players training and competing through the summer so when they get to the fall it is a natural time to take a break. Super Y also blends better into the semi-pro levels than the ECNL/NPL does so this makes strategic sense on a lot of levels. Just hope they do a better job of it this time than they did in the past because those trips to VT to play teams filled in with middle schoolers did suck.

Comment

Super Y was a giant pain in the *****. Lots of travel to play mediocre competition. Couldn't play the local riff raff ( they may have been better) Members only. Kind of like NEP, with less travel. Not so Super
          Your kid didn't make team huh?

Comment

Your kid didn't make team huh?
            Not the poster you were responding to, but if you knew anything about Super Y they would take a warm body. Numbers were always an issue as was the quality. Guest players were the norm. Not an elite level whatsoever.

Comment

who is signing up this time?

Comment

Could anyone point to any sort of announcement on this? This is a completely different sanctioning entity (USL) from who all of our clubs are currently involved with. This is potentially a bigger deal than it might appear because they are the entity that currently sanctions the semi-pro levels of soccer in the US.

Comment

who is signing up this time?
                  http://supery.uslsoccer.com/home/853561.html

From this area...Kings FC and Abbey Villa.

Comment

I heard Valeo is joining!

Comment

I heard Valeo is joining!
                      Ha. Valeo can now join any league it chooses and everyone will want them now with their top GS points to bring to the table to each season.

Comment

Not the poster you were responding to, but if you knew anything about Super Y they would take a warm body. Numbers were always an issue as was the quality. Guest players were the norm. Not an elite level whatsoever.
                        Definition: Elite fr. (E-leet). 1. Any team that my kid plays for. 2. Antonym: Non-elite (non e-leet). Any team my kid doesn't play for.

Comment

Coastal too, apparently.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X