Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney: Boys

Disney is about to start. There are a GPS teams from U15 to U19, Scorpions U15, and Blazers U18 (playing U19).

Good luck.
    Keep the information coming.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Disney is about to start. There are a GPS teams from U15 to U19, Scorpions U15, and Blazers U18 (playing U19).

Good luck.
    Keep the information coming.
    Is that it from MA or is that all that you know about? My U13 son was at Disney for the Jr. tournament during Thanksgiving and I think there were only about 3 or 4 MA teams for his age group. It's a great tournament, but fairly difficult to get in or at least that's what I've heard.

Comment

Disney is difficult to get into but not impossible for clubs listed above. Even harder for some families to pay for. I know a few driving down there because the airfare is so absurd this time of year.

Comment

Is that it from MA or is that all that you know about? My U13 son was at Disney for the Jr. tournament during Thanksgiving and I think there were only about 3 or 4 MA teams for his age group. It's a great tournament, but fairly difficult to get in or at least that's what I've heard.
        Not sure what club, but Nefc and GPS would have just traveled to Maryland.

Comment

Not sure what club, but Nefc and GPS would have just traveled to Maryland.
          It is simply a bonus vacation for the coaches of the most expensive teams - parents do not realize until a few years later - only in america

Comment

How come the Blazers are in the lowest 18/19 division?

Comment

Scorpion 15's won today.

Comment

Another team at Disney and brackets are a mystery.Not sure how they determine them. Our team also playing in a lower bracket and has beaten teams in the much higher brackets.

Comment

How come you asked the question the way that you did? You are too obvious and have skirted over reality just to put a dig into a club/team/coach that you don't like.

That said, there are 10 divisions in the U19 divison; three showcase, three premier and four championship. The Blazers are entered into the third showcase. Within this division there are two brackets. Within their bracket (A) there is a 4th ranked team, a 10th ranked team, and a 14th ranked team. The other bracket (B) based on rankings (always suspect) appears weaker.
                  I do believe that they won their first game and may have tied their second.

The other two showcase divisions do not look too much different.......based on rankings.

.....and you are welcome for getting this vital information out for you.

Comment

How come you asked the question the way that you did? You are too obvious and have skirted over reality just to put a dig into a club/team/coach that you don't like.

That said, there are 10 divisions in the U19 divison; three showcase, three premier and four championship. The Blazers are entered into the third showcase. Within this division there are two brackets. Within their bracket (A) there is a 4th ranked team, a 10th ranked team, and a 14th ranked team. The other bracket (B) based on rankings (always suspect) appears weaker.
                    I do believe that they won their first game and may have tied their second.

The other two showcase divisions do not look too much different.......based on rankings.

.....and you are welcome for getting this vital information out for you.
                    This Blazers team has always marketed itself as being the best of the best, on the quest for a national championship, although time is running out. This is reflected by your reference to a U19 division, suggesting they are paying up, when in fact there is no U18 division and it is a combined division.

Comment

This Blazers team has always marketed itself as being the best of the best, on the quest for a national championship, although time is running out. This is reflected by your reference to a U19 division, suggesting they are paying up, when in fact there is no U18 division and it is a combined division.
                      Can we just admit that no kids playing these tournaments are no longer trying to get college exposure?

Comment

Scorpions 15's

Lost second game today 3-2 to Ohio premiere #1 in ohio south #5 region 2 # 180 nationally dan must be pissed

Comment

The good news for the Blazers is that NEFC, Stars, Pioneers, and MPS will all be playing in the NEP state cup this year (aka, the real state cup). So, the Blazers will pretty much win the MA youth soccer state cup by default. Then, they can start the bragging.

Comment

To be accurate, I reported what was listed on the Disney website. As a fact, some of the teams are listed as U19 teams (Ohio team that Blazers are playing today) and ranked as such. The fact, is that they are playing some decent competition despite yours and other's efforts to dismiss them. Regardless, and to answer another question from another post, most of the Blazers are, in fact, have accepted offers from colleges to attend and play soccer (hopefully). For are Division I (one was a Star, Blazer, Bolts, and now back with Blazer) and many division III.
                            As for the state championship, and thereafter, it will be what it will be. While you might dismiss the relevance of a Mass State Cup, any regional and national tournament thereafter for either NPL or non-NPL teams will sure to have very good competition and enough personal significance to make it rewarding.

Good luck to all the teams this year and to all them when they attend college.

Comment

Scorpions at disney??

Anyone know how scorpions are doing ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X