• Show
Clear All

Scorpions teams

Thoughts on strength of boys' program?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They still have a boy's program?

Comment

My son plays in the Scorpions boys program. I would suggest that the program is as strong now as it has ever been. When you go through the age groups where do they demonstrate a poor program?

U10 team played u11 and did very well (2nd in group)
      U11 team finished top 2-3 in group
      U12 team finished top 3 in group
      U13 team appears to be weak
      U14 team started slow it looks like and improved
      U15 team is the DC team that went to national semifinal last year
      U16 group was weakened when TM left and remains weak
      U17 group won 2 and tied 1 this past weekend at GPS
      U18 group I do not know

I think there are alot of clubs out there that would like to have those kinds of results or quality of teams at age groups.

Comment

This is foolish. Strength of program is not about wins and losses and age groups. Can they play soccer with skill? Watch with both eyes and tell me.

Comment

This is foolish. Strength of program is not about wins and losses and age groups. Can they play soccer with skill? Watch with both eyes and tell me.
          I have not seen the gem of the program - DCs team, but our team played the 17s in Cohasset in the GPS tournament last weekend and they looked to be a good team. Maybe that is all they have but from what I hear about DCs team and from what I have seen with this older boys team, they have at least a few good teams.

Comment

My son plays in the Scorpions boys program. I would suggest that the program is as strong now as it has ever been. When you go through the age groups where do they demonstrate a poor program?

U10 team played u11 and did very well (2nd in group)
            U11 team finished top 2-3 in group
            U12 team finished top 3 in group
            U13 team appears to be weak
            U14 team started slow it looks like and improved
            U15 team is the DC team that went to national semifinal last year
            U16 group was weakened when TM left and remains weak
            U17 group won 2 and tied 1 this past weekend at GPS
            U18 group I do not know

I think there are alot of clubs out there that would like to have those kinds of results or quality of teams at age groups.
            Please add the divisions these teams were playing in.

Comment

Please add the divisions these teams were playing in.
              When available, top divisions of NEP
              U12 - Premiership
              U13 - NPL
              U14 - NPL

No idea about U10 and U11

Comment

U10 - played U11 Championship
                U11 - Premiership

Comment

You are correct. Strength of program is not about wins and losses. But doesn't the skill of the players result in wins and losses. So if a team is skilled they will win more than they lose???

Comment

Their program was not very good at the start and has been up and down a bit. They seem to be on the up except for a few age groups. Let see how they do in the spring in the NPL league with their older teams and if some of the other teams improve or lose ground in NPL and NEP.

Comment

Why are you asking the question? The records are easy to find with a little help. What is your real question?

Comment

Why are you asking the question? The records are easy to find with a little help. What is your real question?
                        Why do YOU as the question? This is a forum. If every topic is off limits then no discussion can take place. If no discussion takes place there is no reason to come here.

Comment

Think program will survive? Many kids left this fall…

Comment

Why do YOU as the question? This is a forum. If every topic is off limits then no discussion can take place. If no discussion takes place there is no reason to come here.
                            Maybe there's a concern that every thread and every so-called "discussion" is always directed at the same targets. Tends to make reader think there are some hate-driven agendas and that it is all a little too unbalanced in one direction.

Comment

Maybe there's a concern that every thread and every so-called "discussion" is always directed at the same targets. Tends to make reader think there are some hate-driven agendas and that it is all a little too unbalanced in one direction.
                              Earth to spaceman, there are only so many clubs left worth talking about at this point and if yours aint being talked about it aint worth belonging to so you might want to rethink your post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X