Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls Club Soccer

The Massachusetts girls club scene is a complete failure. With a focus on winning, playing in tournaments, and "being seen", the players we are developing are woefully weak in technical and tactical skills.

I'm tired of driving all over for tournaments with too many games, awkward game times, and no real development. This system only works for these big clubs that have made it a business.

It is an utter failure for the players.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Massachusetts girls club scene is a complete failure. With a focus on winning, playing in tournaments, and "being seen", the players we are developing are woefully weak in technical and tactical skills.

I'm tired of driving all over for tournaments with too many games, awkward game times, and no real development. This system only works for these big clubs that have made it a business.

I am glad you got that off your chest. Now pay me some more money mate!!

Comment

Yes, but you can get a really nice uniform.

Comment

Hence the creation of the academy system on the boys side. It has flaws but the core of its intention is development. Once outside of that however, they are all clubs who need to win to stay in business. At their core it's about their bank accounts.

Comment

No one is forcing you nor your child to participate.

Comment

No one is forcing you nor your child to participate.
            True. I just feel sorry for those who do participate and don't understand how bad the whole thing is. It is a lousy product.

Comment

My kid plays for a solid travel team. 3 practices per week, one game, one local tourney per season. Fun, not breaking bank, and becoming a good little soccer player. Bubble team plays lower in div 1 or top of div 2 at u12. Loves it.

Comment

My kid plays for a solid travel team. 3 practices per week, one game, one local tourney per season. Fun, not breaking bank, and becoming a good little soccer player. Bubble team plays lower in div 1 or top of div 2 at u12. Loves it.
                and that is all 99% of the players in this state need, because that where they end up playing, social soccer.

Comment

and that is all 99% of the players in this state need, because that where they end up playing, social soccer.
                  if more parents understood this and didn't buy into the bs posters like to spew on this site about how important club soccer is everyone would end up happier

Comment

True. I just feel sorry for those who do participate and don't understand how bad the whole thing is. It is a lousy product.
                    While true to some extent, what are you comparing it to? AAU basketball or lacrosse? Competive dance? Cheer? Gymnastics? Music? Drama? As with anything, there is good and bad, naturals and people who will never be the best but like the activity.

Comment

if more parents understood this and didn't buy into the bs posters like to spew on this site about how important club soccer is everyone would end up happier
                      And why would that make you happier?

Comment

Call it what you will, likely not a single player from the top of the top club team is olympic bound. Took a little looking to find a quality travel team. Most of the kids work hard. Maybe a little downgrade would be an upgrade for some unhappy club players.

College for the pursuit of an education and a career. Likely my kid will want to try to play for her college but i will not advise it. Time to grow up and focus on what she needs to accomplish there. Soccer will not provide income for any of these players.

Comment

And why would that make you happier?
                          knowing guys like you are ripping people off selling the fantasy.

Comment

Wow, I wish all you miserable club soccer parents would just pack it up and go back to town travel. Seriously, no one has got a gun to your head. My kid plays both, but we have reasons that we do it, none of which have to do with playing in professionally or even in college. If you don't have any good reasons on your end, and all you can do it bitch, then get the frack out already.

Comment

Wow, I wish all you miserable club soccer parents would just pack it up and go back to town travel. Seriously, no one has got a gun to your head. My kid plays both, but we have reasons that we do it, none of which have to do with playing in professionally or even in college. If you don't have any good reasons on your end, and all you can do it bitch, then get the frack out already.
                              Said the guy collecting the checks. What I wish is most of you two bit soccer coaches who own the two bit soccer clubs would end up out of business, Seriously you guys think you are something special when in reality you are nothing more then semi-skilled labor with huge egos.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X