Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defense....Boys...

Which boys high school teams had the stingiest defenses in Eastern Mass. I think Concord-Carlisle is at or near the top. According to the Globe article 6 goals allowed in 21 games.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which boys high school teams had the stingiest defenses in Eastern Mass. I think Concord-Carlisle is at or near the top. According to the Globe article 6 goals allowed in 21 games.
    Don't bother looking at public schools...the big boys play at prep schools.

Comment

Don't bother looking at public schools...the big boys play at prep schools.
      Or academy. No one cares about boys HS soccer any longer except the few of us who have kids still playing

Comment

sorry, that no one can appear to read or answer your question.

Comment

sorry, that no one can appear to read or answer your question.

did you ever get the impression that there are always a couple of posters (post 2 and 3) that just can't stay away from the negativity and, arrogantly, can't appreciate what really exists? As for the question of defense, the bottom line is that there is little appreciation by morons, perhaps like posters 2 and 3, that have any appreciation for the defense. Even goalies have statistics. Defenders have very little unless it is contributing toward the offense.
          CC had a great season but their competition may not have been as tough. Meanwhile Brookline, Framingham, BC High, St Johns Prep, and Needham were all pretty stingy in letting up goals. Unfortunately for the former two, they needed to score more......oops...there I go putting emphasis on the offense.

Comment

did you ever get the impression that there are always a couple of posters (post 2 and 3) that just can't stay away from the negativity and, arrogantly, can't appreciate what really exists? As for the question of defense, the bottom line is that there is little appreciation by morons, perhaps like posters 2 and 3, that have any appreciation for the defense. Even goalies have statistics. Defenders have very little unless it is contributing toward the offense.
            CC had a great season but their competition may not have been as tough. Meanwhile Brookline, Framingham, BC High, St Johns Prep, and Needham were all pretty stingy in letting up goals. Unfortunately for the former two, they needed to score more......oops...there I go putting emphasis on the offense.
            The CC center back was the best player i saw this year

Comment

The CC center back was the best player i saw this year
              Is he a senior? If so any idea where he's going?

Comment

The following include tournament, and if some are off by 1, the point is the same. C-c, Franklin and Malden allowed 8, Framingham 10, New Bedford 11, Needham, milton academy and St. John's danvers 12, Belmont and Brookline 13. Most of these played more challenging schedules than C-C, so they might be similar in overall defending.

Comment

The following include tournament, and if some are off by 1, the point is the same. C-c, Franklin and Malden allowed 8, Framingham 10, New Bedford 11, Needham, milton academy and St. John's danvers 12, Belmont and Brookline 13. Most of these played more challenging schedules than C-C, so they might be similar in overall defending.

For what it is worth, Needham allowed 11 goals in 23 games, with their final 5 games being a 13 GF to 2 GA against Wellesley, Silver Lake, BC High, St John Prep, and Amherst. A total of 14 shutouts.

Comment

For what it is worth, Needham allowed 11 goals in 23 games, with their final 5 games being a 13 GF to 2 GA against Wellesley, Silver Lake, BC High, St John Prep, and Amherst. A total of 14 shutouts.
                    no affiliation with needham, but any of us can look at who they played and see that it was the most challenging schedule, and by a good margin. in their league, they were superior defensively to brookline and framingham, 2 other teams mentioned in this thread. if franklin, c-c or malden had played needham's schedule, IMO they would have allowed significantly more than 8 goals.

Comment

Thanks for the stats. It doesn't surprise me about Malden being among the top. I watched them twice this year Their center back is very,very impressive and is only a sophomore. They are a young, very talented team and my early favorite for next year

Comment

Malden's center back was a senior. Medford's center back was a sophomore. Either way both were very impressive the times I saw them.

Comment

Malden's center back was a senior. Medford's center back was a sophomore. Either way both were very impressive the times I saw them.
                          Most teams play with 2 center backs. Could that be the reason for the confusion?

Comment

Thanks for the stats. It doesn't surprise me about Malden being among the top. I watched them twice this year Their center back is very,very impressive and is only a sophomore. They are a young, very talented team and my early favorite for next year

The actual numbers of goals are less meaningful without, at least, knowing how many games were played, and, if possible to gauge, who they played. CC played 21 games. Needham played 23. How many did these other teams play and who did they play against. I watched the Needham St Johns game. Both teams were excellent defensively. St Johns goalie might have had to work a bit harder.

Comment

For next year, you see them as favorites in North section, like over SJP and Framingham, or in E.Mass. as well, over Needham, BC and New Bedford?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X