Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota Plans To Eliminate Gender Distinctions For High School Sports

I know this was done out of a sense of fairness, but is it fair?

http://thefederalist.com/2014/12/01/...school-sports/

This is what happens when a civilization ignores the one, true God and decides that there should be 300 million gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This is what happens when a civilization ignores the one, true God and decides that there should be 300 million gods.
      Just heard from the one true God and she said you were full of sh**.

Comment

This is incredibly stupid.

Comment

I think sports should be based on DNA, not what gender you decide to present yourself. Bathrooms are a bit different. Who you are is nobody's business once behind a closed stall door. The big problem though is this shove it in your face attitude today. I'd be willing to bet transgenders have been using the bathrooms of their choice right along.

Comment

What this is going to create is more costs for the schools. The schools will be forced to "accomodate" this class of citizens. They will have to creat transgender facilities, bathrooms, locker rooms etc. to acccomodate these people.

The only other option is to allow them access to facilities that they identify with, regardless of their anatomy. Guessing that those born female and ID as male are not going to want to go into the boys locker room to get changed. Guessing the exact opposite will be true of the anatomic males.

Our education system is performing rather poorly for many. And yet we are saddling ourselves with this crap. So happy my kids are almost done.

Comment

I think sports should be based on DNA, not what gender you decide to present yourself. Bathrooms are a bit different. Who you are is nobody's business once behind a closed stall door. The big problem though is this shove it in your face attitude today. I'd be willing to bet transgenders have been using the bathrooms of their choice right along.
              A long time ago I had a gay male friend that use to hang out with the girls in the girls bathroom. I don't recall anyone making a big deal about it either. He always has presented himself as male, but he was just one of the girls back then. If there was any bullying, I don't recall, but if there was they would have had to deal with a group of girls that represented the alpha b itches of the school, and believe me, you did not want to take them on.

Comment

A long time ago I had a gay male friend that use to hang out with the girls in the girls bathroom. I don't recall anyone making a big deal about it either. He always has presented himself as male, but he was just one of the girls back then. If there was any bullying, I don't recall, but if there was they would have had to deal with a group of girls that represented the alpha b itches of the school, and believe me, you did not want to take them on.
                And what would've happened to a girl if she decided to express her feelings of being uncomfortable with him in the locker room? Perhaps she would've found out who the true bully's are.

Comment

Much ado about nothing really.

One estimate puts the number of transgender high school kids dealing with the question of which team to play on at less than 10 nationwide.

The NCAA policy is to allow transgender athletes to select the team they best identify with, but persons born male (as listed on their birth certificate) need to have a year of hormone treatment before competing as a female.

I do not believe any state has a similar hormone treatment requirement for high school (probably not a good idea since you are dealing with minors). A few state high school associations have adopted a policy that kids must compete based on the sex listed on their birth certificate. More state high school associations have adopted policies that allow the student to choose. It appears that in most situations that have come up the student is a female who identifies as a male and is looking to compete on boys teams. As a policy choice that does not raise too many issues as girls who are capable of competing on boys teams do so already.

As for showers -- outside of swimming kids do not (a) strip naked in gym or changing for practices and games; and (b) take showers after gym or practices/games. Don't believe me -- ask your kid. For swimming it is obviously necessary to put on bathing suit and take it off after swimming. Kids shower in their suits.

Comment

Reminds me of a recent South Park episode where Eric Cartman decides he's Erica. Get's his own private bathroom. So funny.

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episode...&sort=!airdate

If link doesn't work it's season 18, episode 3, The Sissy

Comment

talking soccer

Of course that was a case of Cartman being "transginger" (2 of my kids have red hair so the ginger episode is oft quoted in our house. It is a good episode though, and my 13 and 16 year old often will sing, "Feelin' good on a Wednesday . . . ."

Comment

Do not post your BS on this forum. There is enough ignorance here that somehow pertains to soccer.

Comment

Much ado about nothing really.

One estimate puts the number of transgender high school kids dealing with the question of which team to play on at less than 10 nationwide.

The NCAA policy is to allow transgender athletes to select the team they best identify with, but persons born male (as listed on their birth certificate) need to have a year of hormone treatment before competing as a female.

I do not believe any state has a similar hormone treatment requirement for high school (probably not a good idea since you are dealing with minors). A few state high school associations have adopted a policy that kids must compete based on the sex listed on their birth certificate. More state high school associations have adopted policies that allow the student to choose. It appears that in most situations that have come up the student is a female who identifies as a male and is looking to compete on boys teams. As a policy choice that does not raise too many issues as girls who are capable of competing on boys teams do so already.

As for showers -- outside of swimming kids do not (a) strip naked in gym or changing for practices and games; and (b) take showers after gym or practices/games. Don't believe me -- ask your kid. For swimming it is obviously necessary to put on bathing suit and take it off after swimming. Kids shower in their suits.
                          The point that you are missing is that the goal is to normalize deviancy. And to demonize anyone who speaks up against it. Kids are fed their morality (or lack of) through indoctrination centers known as public schools. The kids come home and then feed the same crap to their parents who are more like friend s who simply acquiesce rather than cause any friction between them and their precious child.

Comment

And what would've happened to a girl if she decided to express her feelings of being uncomfortable with him in the locker room? Perhaps she would've found out who the true bully's are.
                            Somehow I doubt that would have been a problem as both he and the girls would have drawn a line at that point. And btw, the girls gym teacher dressed as a man, and while she may have raised an eyebrow or two, she was accepted and respected by all.

Comment

Somehow I doubt that would have been a problem as both he and the girls would have drawn a line at that point. And btw, the girls gym teacher dressed as a man, and while she may have raised an eyebrow or two, she was accepted and respected by all.
                              Where did you go to HS? South Park?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X