Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAP U12 and U12 league?

Heard that DAP is going to open U12 and u13 leagues? Any news on tjis?

What happens to present u13/u14 league?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard that DAP is going to open U12 and u13 leagues? Any news on tjis?

What happens to present u13/u14 league?

This is where I think US youth soccer fails....or at least the DAP systems in Massachusetts.
    Personally, I think you have to walk before you can run. I think U14 is too young and certainly would think that U12 is too young.

I am not impressed with the actual development of the Revs and Bolts for the older kids, and much less for the younger kids. It is my opinion (and no more than that) that these two clubs are simply pulling in kids and playing them in games in a very professional manner without real skill development.

The Revs never really had an established youth system and the Bolts essentially gave it up when they went into the DAP.

If these clubs were really interested in developing players and wanted to make it worthwhile for the kids they would have a far more extensive training program that would include 4 days of soccer and two days of strength, conditioning, and flexibility......or even take 5 days to incorporate it all with game or games on the weekend. Both the Bolts and Revs seem to suck kids in, play them, and it they get hurt or falter, then they are dumped.

I have no problem with a pyramidal system after all....survival of the fittest....but once you accept a kid you are obligated to train them and give them an opportunity...at least for that year. As a parent with a 12 year old who is a decent player and might be able to make such a team (not a superstar but very good), I would not entertain it for the the concerns stated and the fact that this would prevent him from doing anything else.

It is, in my opinion, just too young to tunnel kids into one direction......however, as I said, my kid is not a superstar, and my comments cannot be applied toward a kid that is....or whose parents think they are.

Comment

This is where I think US youth soccer fails....or at least the DAP systems in Massachusetts.
      Personally, I think you have to walk before you can run. I think U14 is too young and certainly would think that U12 is too young.

I am not impressed with the actual development of the Revs and Bolts for the older kids, and much less for the younger kids. It is my opinion (and no more than that) that these two clubs are simply pulling in kids and playing them in games in a very professional manner without real skill development.

The Revs never really had an established youth system and the Bolts essentially gave it up when they went into the DAP.

If these clubs were really interested in developing players and wanted to make it worthwhile for the kids they would have a far more extensive training program that would include 4 days of soccer and two days of strength, conditioning, and flexibility......or even take 5 days to incorporate it all with game or games on the weekend. Both the Bolts and Revs seem to suck kids in, play them, and it they get hurt or falter, then they are dumped.

I have no problem with a pyramidal system after all....survival of the fittest....but once you accept a kid you are obligated to train them and give them an opportunity...at least for that year. As a parent with a 12 year old who is a decent player and might be able to make such a team (not a superstar but very good), I would not entertain it for the the concerns stated and the fact that this would prevent him from doing anything else.

It is, in my opinion, just too young to tunnel kids into one direction......however, as I said, my kid is not a superstar, and my comments cannot be applied toward a kid that is....or whose parents think they are.
      Very well put ... 12 is way, way too young

I have known two kids who my son played with who may have benefited from this but the vast majority of the kids were too young to handle this commitment.

Comment

Very well put ... 12 is way, way too young

I have known two kids who my son played with who may have benefited from this but the vast majority of the kids were too young to handle this commitment.
        Can't imagine the Revs wanting to spend time or money against it either. Unless clubs are allowed to charge for it not many would be able to even subsidize it let alone make it free.

Twelve is WAY too young

Comment

Can't imagine the Revs wanting to spend time or money against it either. Unless clubs are allowed to charge for it not many would be able to even subsidize it let alone make it free.

Twelve is WAY too young
          Will the revs have a choice?

Comment

Twelve is WAY too young
            It called RDS . Go to Dana Farber on Monday and you can easily have a revs u12 academy.
            The same kids have been doing it for a while. Those parents would have no problem driving their kids 4x a week for practice . There are many players from the surrounding area to fill a roster of 18. I am not saying they would be the most talented but they could easily form a team. This would affect NEFC , Explosion , Bayside and Real Boston the most. It wouldn't matter to Real Boston but it would affect the rest.

Comment

Twelve is WAY too young
              the other problem of course is that while the occasional kid has top notch talent and could benefit from great training (assuming there is great training...), those who have been all the way through know that many kids who were dominant at U12 fade away, cannot keep up, don't develop more than their one dimension etc.

Comment

the other problem of course is that while the occasional kid has top notch talent and could benefit from great training (assuming there is great training...), those who have been all the way through know that many kids who were dominant at U12 fade away, cannot keep up, don't develop more than their one dimension etc.
                Bolts have already been doing Pre-DAP for years. No different.

Comment

Bolts have already been doing Pre-DAP for years. No different.
                  Agree, why would someone leave a club for RDS like training... "Elite" training.... stick with your club.

Comment

If a kid is good enough he'll get in at U14. At U12 not only are they still changing and growing physically but emotionally as well. They might not even be interested by U14. The only time I'd say differently would be if it were free and/or it doesn't have the same restrictions that the older players have, especially not playing for middle school teams or playing other sports. This is a time kids should be exploring their interests.

Comment

It called RDS . Go to Dana Farber on Monday and you can easily have a revs u12 academy.
                      The same kids have been doing it for a while. Those parents would have no problem driving their kids 4x a week for practice . There are many players from the surrounding area to fill a roster of 18. I am not saying they would be the most talented but they could easily form a team. This would affect NEFC , Explosion , Bayside and Real Boston the most. It wouldn't matter to Real Boston but it would affect the rest.
                      The level of talent at the Revolution's RDS is terrible. Just a money maker for them. Could they field a team? sure, but not a very good one.The Revs will find you if they want you, believe me.

Comment

The level of talent at the Revolution's RDS is terrible. Just a money maker for them. Could they field a team? sure, but not a very good one.The Revs will find you if they want you, believe me.
                        There was actually an invite last week for 2001's and a few 2002's in Arlington and some very good players were not there. Players that we have all seen multiple times in competition which prompted many kids to actually wonder as to where these boys were, whom know very well. That was the conversation in our car heading home.

Comment

There was actually an invite last week for 2001's and a few 2002's in Arlington and some very good players were not there. Players that we have all seen multiple times in competition which prompted many kids to actually wonder as to where these boys were, whom know very well. That was the conversation in our car heading home.
                          The kids that weren't there didn't need to be there. They've already made the team.

Comment

If a kid is good enough he'll get in at U14. At U12 not only are they still changing and growing physically but emotionally as well. They might not even be interested by U14. The only time I'd say differently would be if it were free and/or it doesn't have the same restrictions that the older players have, especially not playing for middle school teams or playing other sports. This is a time kids should be exploring their interests.
                            The kids they are looking at are soccer players first. Many are already 100% committed to soccer. When your kids are already traveling up and down the East Coast for tournaments by this time it's hard to say going the DAP route at 12 is that big of a deal.

Comment

Go back and read what you wrote here.

THIS IS THE REASON THEY NEED TO GO YOUNGER!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X