Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys U15 Super Group GPS tournie

Had the opportunity to watch the Scorpions / CSU game yesterday and can say the final score wasn't a true reflection of what transpired on the field. The Scorpion team put on a clinic in all aspects of the game displaying exceptional composure on the ball. Possession 90/10 in favor of Scorpions... Hard to say whether their dominance was due to a very weak CSU team whose offense seems predicated on playing kickball to their striker. I will say that if not for a formidable defense & a very athletic keeper on CSU the score would have been quite different.
    The CSU team needs to scrap their entire midfield & rethink their philosophy to have a prayer of competing at this level. On the other hand the game to watch will certainly be the Scorpions / GPS Npl No prediction here but suspect Scorpions having played together for quite some time will have the edge right now - in 6 months who knows.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Had the opportunity to watch the Scorpions / CSU game yesterday and can say the final score wasn't a true reflection of what transpired on the field. The Scorpion team put on a clinic in all aspects of the game displaying exceptional composure on the ball. Possession 90/10 in favor of Scorpions... Hard to say whether their dominance was due to a very weak CSU team whose offense seems predicated on playing kickball to their striker. I will say that if not for a formidable defense & a very athletic keeper on CSU the score would have been quite different.
    The CSU team needs to scrap their entire midfield & rethink their philosophy to have a prayer of competing at this level. On the other hand the game to watch will certainly be the Scorpions / GPS Npl No prediction here but suspect Scorpions having played together for quite some time will have the edge right now - in 6 months who knows.
    So didn't the scorpion team win? Scored was 3-2?

Comment

Yes. It should have been 7-2.

Comment

Yes. It should have been 7-2.
        I thought the U15 brackets were cancelled for the GPS tournament??
        or did GPS figure out how to have their best team still play (the boy U15) while telling all the other U15 teams to go home?

Comment

It was an attempt at being diplomatic & unbiased, but yes the score should've been much higher in the Scorpions favor. That being said our boys are going to have to do a better job of putting the ball in the back of the net vs strong defenses

Comment

I thought the U15 brackets were cancelled for the GPS tournament??
            or did GPS figure out how to have their best team still play (the boy U15) while telling all the other U15 teams to go home?
            Two of the U15 brackets are still playing, including the bracket of the team that came all the way from Puerto Rico.

Comment

Same old Scorpion parents at least... You won 3-2. The days when you were so much better than everyone else because you were taller and stronger are coming to an end. You should get used to closer scores, some losses and the cold truth that your team is not that special.

Comment

Same old Scorpion parents at least... You won 3-2. The days when you were so much better than everyone else because you were taller and stronger are coming to an end. You should get used to closer scores, some losses and the cold truth that your team is not that special.
                You obviously didn't see the game. I am on coaching staff of another club. Scorpions not only bigger and stronger, but also more skilled and better coached.

Comment

You obviously didn't see the game. I am on coaching staff of another club. Scorpions not only bigger and stronger, but also more skilled and better coached.
                  Well this is Ray Reid and i say otherwise! lol

Comment

I was really disappointed to learn tonight (after seeing a tweet from @globalpremsocc) that the U15 boys were playing. My U15 daughter's team - and ALL the U15 and below girls teams - games were canceled. I'm sure the girls would have toughed it out, and I'm sure Harvard U. could have plowed their fields to get the games going.

Yup. Real life, boys sports, yada yada. I get it.

Comment

Scorpions 2 GPS 0 but I'm sure there is some explanation because scorpions aren't that good.

Comment

I was really disappointed to learn tonight (after seeing a tweet from @globalpremsocc) that the U15 boys were playing. My U15 daughter's team - and ALL the U15 and below girls teams - games were canceled. I'm sure the girls would have toughed it out, and I'm sure Harvard U. could have plowed their fields to get the games going.

Stop the whining!!!! If they could have done all that you say they could have then they would have.

Comment

Scorpions 2 GPS 0 but I'm sure there is some explanation because scorpions aren't that good.
                          Don't you want to tell us it really should have been 5-0?

Comment

Don't you want to tell us it really should have been 5-0?
                            No, I'm comfortable with 2-0. I mean, pretty sure it could have been 3 or 4 but I'm not greedy. Next time.

Comment

Now get back in the kitchen, Ma, and make meee some pieeeeeeee!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X