•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School semi final weekend - Division 4

Any predictions?

Bromfield won tonight.

Sutton always wins in the end. They beat Bromfield 3-0 this season.

Comment

anyone know the hiemlich maneuver? Looks like Sutton could use it.

Comment

Monson beats Gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          anyone know the hiemlich maneuver? Looks like Sutton could use it.
          Sutton over Bromfield 3-0 in the boys CMASS final. And it's spelled Heimlich~

Comment

Bromfield won tonight.

Sutton always wins in the end. They beat Bromfield 3-0 this season.
            I posted this and I'm a Bromfield parent.

Just being realistic. Sutton pop 8,000. Harvard pop 6,000. Sutton has a bigger pool of kids to draw from.

Sad loss for Bromfield. Great group of boys both on and off the field.

Comment

I posted this and I'm a Bromfield parent.

Just being realistic. Sutton pop 8,000. Harvard pop 6,000. Sutton has a bigger pool of kids to draw from.

Sad loss for Bromfield. Great group of boys both on and off the field.
              Not really. The town of Sutton does have a larger population (I believe it may be closer to 9K), but the high school enrollment numbers that tournament alignment is based on say otherwise. Boys and overall enrollment for the two schools:

Sutton - 178/388
              Bromfield - 202/440

Sutton also fields a football team in concert with Douglas but 2/3 of the players are from Sutton. I'm not sure if Bromfield does. Both field cross country teams, I presume.

Anyway, of the 21 D4 schools in CMASS in terms of boys enrollment, Bromfield is the 5th largest, Sutton the 8th.

Comment

Not really. The town of Sutton does have a larger population (I believe it may be closer to 9K), but the high school enrollment numbers that tournament alignment is based on say otherwise. Boys and overall enrollment for the two schools:

Sutton - 178/388
                Bromfield - 202/440

Sutton also fields a football team in concert with Douglas but 2/3 of the players are from Sutton. I'm not sure if Bromfield does. Both field cross country teams, I presume.

Anyway, of the 21 D4 schools in CMASS in terms of boys enrollment, Bromfield is the 5th largest, Sutton the 8th.
                Just wondering, since you have so many facts, where does Douglas fall into this? What numbers do they have based on boys enrollment? Didnt they move up to Div 3?

Comment

Douglas are D3 on the boys side and D4 on the girls. Boys numbers - 231. 449 overall.

Comment

Douglas are D3 on the boys side and D4 on the girls. Boys numbers - 231. 449 overall.
                    Unbelievable accomplishment

Comment

Girls semi Monson 2 Douglas 1

Comment

Monson boys not as good as the girls. Couldn't stop the 4 peat state champion Sutton.

Comment

Congrats to the Monson boys from a Sutton fan. They battled and played a strong game. They were well coached and look to be a strong contender next season. Easily one of the two or three best teams we've seen this season - right up there with Algonquin and Shrewsbury.

Interesting game dominated by strong defense by both teams. Possession was dominated much of the first half by Monson, but began to swing toward Sutton after that who wore down the smaller Monson team. Monson struggled to put themselves in dangerous positions while Sutton struggled to finish. The best chance by far came in the first half from Sutton with a bullet of a header that hit the crossbar and riccocheted off the ground and partially in before Monson's GK retrieved it. The Monson GK played a great game taking away several good chances from Sutton before getting hurt in a fierce collision with Sutton's striker, KR.

Great game that unfortunately went to PKs. Sutton persevered in tough conditions when they didn't necessarily play their best game. Monson was certainly equal to the task and were a very worthy opponent. Well done Sutton; well done Monson!

Comment

Monson girls steamroll Douglas 4-0

4-0 monson victory take home cup

Comment

Monson 6-1 over EB

6-1 go girls go

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X