Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIAA...wake up with 2 man ref system in playoffs???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIAA...wake up with 2 man ref system in playoffs???

I'm not going to bash the refs. As former player I understand the difficulty of having basically only two linesman to ref the game. I also understand there are limited refs during the regular season for multiple games. During playoffs there are less teams playing. I see no reason why the three man system should not be protocal for all playoff games. Not just the semi-final round. Way to much at stake for teams to be hand cuffed by not having a ctr ref. Wake up MIAA.....you're to concerned over tucking in shirts and teams wearing the right colors.

No my kids team did not get screwed over and lose a game. Team is still playing. I have seen two games already and I certainly would not want to be a ref in a two man system and certainly not in playoffs.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not going to bash the refs. As former player I understand the difficulty of having basically only two linesman to ref the game. I also understand there are limited refs during the regular season for multiple games. During playoffs there are less teams playing. I see no reason why the three man system should not be protocal for all playoff games. Not just the semi-final round. Way to much at stake for teams to be hand cuffed by not having a ctr ref. Wake up MIAA.....you're to concerned over tucking in shirts and teams wearing the right colors.

No my kids team did not get screwed over and lose a game. Team is still playing. I have seen two games already and I certainly would not want to be a ref in a two man system and certainly not in playoffs.
    Amen. I have older kids in playoff right now and it drives me crazy. So many missed calls on both sides. My kids are still in the playoffs as well. It just doesn't make sense. My younger son is in his club season right now (U13) and they have three refs. ???

Comment

Agreed. To me you raise the only point that needs to be discussed, which isn't how good or bad people think high school referees are. If 2 refs during the regular season is just the way it has to be, so be it. If the semi-final round has 3 refs because it's obviously more desirable, great, I'm glad they do it that way.

The only question is why any playoff game shouldn't have 3 instead of 2?

Comment

The problem with a two man system is most of the referees cannot keep up with the speed of play, especially offsides. I have seen more offsides calls missed because the referee is 20 yards behing the play. They also miss a lot of hand balls and fouls in the middle of the field. This is bareble in regular season but in play-offs it is unexceptable. Coaches should push for a three man system next year for all play-off games.

Comment

OP. Like I said I truly don't blame the refs. Even a in shape ref would have a hard time watching the middle and being in postion for offisdes calls. Playoffs are a different level of play and all playoffs need a 3 man system. If Maple/NEP can do it for U12 they can certainly find enough for High School playoffs. Game outcomes will be affected by a 2-man system. Help the refs out please. They get it enough from the stands. Don't fuel the fire.

Please address this next for next your MIAA.

Comment

And remember to call it offside (not offsides)

Comment

There were Three Refs at the Auburn game last night how did that happen? does the school make a request out of the normal Two? I totally agree with having Three from the onset of the playoffs.

Comment

We've had a bizarre mix of some being two and some being three. I don't know what the protocol is for one over the other, but absolutely three is the way to go.

Comment

you what is great....

When you kid has aged out of HS soccer....the refs really are not that bad anymore.

Comment

huh? English please.

Comment

I'm going to be contrarian here and say I'd rather have one good ref with ARs on the touchlines. Just like real soccer.

Comment

you what is great....

When you kid has aged out of HS soccer....the refs really are not that bad anymore.
                        The above (whatever that is) explains more than you know about some refs. Please put your whistle down and your old ref uniform back in the closet and listen to your nursing home director.

3-Ref system the way to go in playoffs period!

Comment

huh? English please.
                          Let me explain a little bit more.

When adults are not emotionally connected to the team. The calls the refs make are really not that bad.

When you go to the game and you hear some emotionally attached parent start yelling at Ref the parent is the fool. And 9.9 times out of 10 they are wrong.

The battle for the three ref system has been going on for years, I agree it is a better system by far, but will not happen because it is difficult to get refs during the week.

As long as refs are in position to make call I have no beef with them. When they are out of position that is an issue. I do not see that in boys playoffs that much.

Quite frankly in HS soccer there is not too many off-sides anyway because the center back almost never traps.

Comment

That's better,thank you.

Comment

I have seen more bad reffing in the past 3 weeks than I have seen all year. All my kids' respective HS teams are still alive so I have no sour grapes. There are refs staring at a 1 v 1 situation 4 feet in front of them where one kid basically tackles the kid with the ball and there are no calls.

And forget about in the box, you basically have to knife someone to get called for a penalty.

Oh and lets not forget the refs who just love to make the game all about themselves, they are the best...

But like they say sht flow downhill so that's where the HS refs land.

Since most will claim they don't do it for the money, you would think they might take a bit more pride in trying to call a good game.

Play on !!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X