Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Pass John

So frustrating to have a forward who holds the ball too long, not seeing (or choosing not to pass) to players in a better position who are open or making a run, and then losing the ball or killing the momentum of the play away by passing to a player in the back. Kid has been doing it all last year and every game this year. Just won't change. So many potentially great plays are squashed because of this one player. Coaches still give him lots of minutes. Frustrating.

let me guess coach's kid? big money donor?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So frustrating to have a forward who holds the ball too long, not seeing (or choosing not to pass) to players in a better position who are open or making a run, and then losing the ball or killing the momentum of the play away by passing to a player in the back. Kid has been doing it all last year and every game this year. Just won't change. So many potentially great plays are squashed because of this one player. Coaches still give him lots of minutes. Frustrating.
      Just about every team has one

Comment

What age?

Comment

His name is Matt, silly.

Comment

I would scream at the kid from the sidelines. Something like "Pass the ball you selfish idiot"! This will usually result in an altercation with selfish John's parents and it will be fantastic theater.

Or you could let the coach manage the situation. The first option is much more entertaining though.

Comment

or killing the momentum of the play away by passing to a player in the back.
              Yeah, I hate when the ball isn't always moving forward...and possession is maintained instead.

Comment

I would scream at the kid from the sidelines. Something like "Pass the ball you selfish idiot"! This will usually result in an altercation with selfish John's parents and it will be fantastic theater.

Or you could let the coach manage the situation. The first option is much more entertaining though.
                In fact, his dad in usually on the sidelines trashing the players who do not pass the ball to Johnny the great. The coach gives him tons of playing time, so tough to figure out what the deal is. Johnny on the other hand keeps yelling at his teammates and plays at minimum effort, yet he gets rewarded. Why??

Comment

In fact, his dad in usually on the sidelines trashing the players who do not pass the ball to Johnny the great. The coach gives him tons of playing time, so tough to figure out what the deal is. Johnny on the other hand keeps yelling at his teammates and plays at minimum effort, yet he gets rewarded. Why??
                  All the more reason to scream at Johnny. It will likely result in you and Mr. Johnny rolling around the sideline with everyone in awe of your stupidity.

My guess is Johnny is leading your team in scoring. My guess is that you think Johnny is getting too much credit. My guess is that you think that your kid is as good or better but the coach "can't see it". Your kid knows the game better, has better vision, is a team player.

Go stand on the 18 alone and watch. Then drive home. That is your job. Leave the coaching to the coach.

Comment

All the more reason to scream at Johnny. It will likely result in you and Mr. Johnny rolling around the sideline with everyone in awe of your stupidity.

My guess is Johnny is leading your team in scoring. My guess is that you think Johnny is getting too much credit. My guess is that you think that your kid is as good or better but the coach "can't see it". Your kid knows the game better, has better vision, is a team player.

Go stand on the 18 alone and watch. Then drive home. That is your job. Leave the coaching to the coach.
                    He is not leading the scoring and if you factor in the playing time he gets, he is one of the lowest in goal scoring.

Comment

Yeah, I hate when the ball isn't always moving forward...and possession is maintained instead.
                      you miss the point- if there is a better passing option to move the ball forward that could lead to a goal scoring opportunity especially when the defense is not in their shape (taking advantage of the moment/ momentum in the play) then passing back is just dumb. It slows down the play, allows the defense to get back in shape and more importantly, the opportunity to score is lost.

Comment

The big question is why you think airing your anonymous opinion on this board is a good idea? I would think if you had something worthwhile to say you might say it to someone that mattered rather than ranting here to no one.

Comment

ah let me guess Bolts U14 DAP. Description fits to a tee. Daddy is a big time donor. Live with it, it's part of life.

Comment

In fact the team has been going down consistently. This player does not have a good record either, as well as other players getting most of the playing time. Not sure my kid is better, but if anything he is at the same level (not a great level in any case). Many wonder why at this point into the season some players get rewarded for a lousy job.

Comment

He is not leading the scoring and if you factor in the playing time he gets, he is one of the lowest in goal scoring.
                              Let me guess, the team needs a real coach, not this puppet.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X