X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ludlow out

http://highschoolsports.masslive.com...cart_big-photo

Please...I know that TS posters will salivate at the chance to jump all over this, but let's remember that the players are the ones who will suffer most. I have my opinions regarding who to point fingers at, but at the end of the day, my heart aches for the players, especially the seniors.

Comment

unfortunately its usually the kids who suffer for the stupidity of adults

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        unfortunately its usually the kids who suffer for the stupidity of adults

Sure......an adult missed the violation......but the kid is still responsible for his mistake

Comment

Sure......an adult missed the violation......but the kid is still responsible for his mistake
          I don't want to sound naive here but is there any chance that the kid wasn't aware of his ineligibility? It doesn't really matter in the sense that it was the adults who missed the violation... I do feel badly for the other players though.

Comment

I don't want to sound naive here but is there any chance that the kid wasn't aware of his ineligibility? It doesn't really matter in the sense that it was the adults who missed the violation... I do feel badly for the other players though.
            It is very possible - does anyone know what the violation was? Article didn't say so hard to say for certain. If you try and wade through all the rules it isn't always clear cut, especially if a kid was trying to figure it out.

Feel terrible for the team....

Comment

Interesting that this comes out AFTER they are essentially eliminated from post season play. Anyone have more details on exactly how this could go unnoticed for so long and then come to light? Really stinks for those kids.

Comment

Interesting that this comes out AFTER they are essentially eliminated from post season play. Anyone have more details on exactly how this could go unnoticed for so long and then come to light? Really stinks for those kids.
                If the coach or AD failed on this one they own the kids a huge apology. If it was the player, good luck to him trying to calm his teammates down

Comment

The "wasn't aware" excuse flies for no one, especially not for the player.

Comment

The "wasn't aware" excuse flies for no one, especially not for the player.
                    Ok... so you know for sure that the player knew all along that he was ineligible to play? Obviously kids can be immature and try to get away with things so very possibly true that he was trying to get away with something that he knew was wrong. I would want to know whether or not the player was emphatically told that he was ineligible to play. It makes a difference to me for no other reason other than to gauge blame percentage.

Comment

Tough to say what it was but if it was academics, the failure is all on the administration.

When I was in HS, this happened to our football team. A kid had transferred into our school as a Freshman. He played 3 years and then 3/4 into his Senior the season it was discovered he was ineligible and the team had to forfeit all its wins. Turns out when he transferred in he had to repeat 9th grade because he had been sick and missed a lot of time at his old school. Even though he did not play for the prior school, he was still eligible to do so, so his Senior year was actually his 5th year in the eyes of the MIAA.

Comment

Ok... so you know for sure that the player knew all along that he was ineligible to play? Obviously kids can be immature and try to get away with things so very possibly true that he was trying to get away with something that he knew was wrong. I would want to know whether or not the player was emphatically told that he was ineligible to play. It makes a difference to me for no other reason other than to gauge blame percentage.
                        Did I say "the player knew all along?" Earlier posts reflected that people either didn't read the article or, if they did, failed to comprehend its contents. This seems to be another example of that.

Do you have any experience with HS sports as a player, parent or coach? If you don't, then your ignorance is an excuse. If you do, then you have been made aware of your responsibilities. Period. The player has obligations by virtue of their participation in interscholastic athletics. It's as simple as that. Did they not know the entire time? Did they know and attempt to conceal that knowledge? I don't care, doesn't matter, the result is the same and doesn't change the responsibility that the players and coaches have.

Comment

I guess you skipped the first paragraph of the article...

"Ludlow, the 17-time state champion, unknowingly played with an academically ineligible player in 11 of its 12 games so far this season and will be forced to forfeit all of those games. The team, which was 8-2-2 before the forfeits, will move to 1-11-0 and not have a chance to reach the .500 winning percentage necessary to make the postseason."

Comment

It is very possible - does anyone know what the violation was? Article didn't say so hard to say for certain. If you try and wade through all the rules it isn't always clear cut, especially if a kid was trying to figure it out.

Feel terrible for the team....
                            I guess you skipped the first paragraph of the article...

"Ludlow, the 17-time state champion, unknowingly played with an academically ineligible player in 11 of its 12 games so far this season and will be forced to forfeit all of those games. The team, which was 8-2-2 before the forfeits, will move to 1-11-0 and not have a chance to reach the .500 winning percentage necessary to make the postseason."

Comment

If the coach or AD failed on this one they own the kids a huge apology. If it was the player, good luck to him trying to calm his teammates down
                              Feel free to explain how forfeiting 11 of your 12 games is NOT a failure on the part of the athletic director, coach AND the ineligible player. I'm all ears...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X