Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handouts at Games

Wondering if anyone had any experience with putting together a roster/pamphlet for an older boys team to pass out at games for when college coaches show up? (i.e.- Tournaments/high level games) What did you include? I was thinking things like HS attending. Year graduating. GPA. Position. Name. #. Anything else? And at what age did you start?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wondering if anyone had any experience with putting together a roster/pamphlet for an older boys team to pass out at games for when college coaches show up? (i.e.- Tournaments/high level games) What did you include? I was thinking things like HS attending. Year graduating. GPA. Position. Name. #. Anything else? And at what age did you start?
    Possible major, awards (ODP, all conference, national honor society)

Head shots

Comment

Have seen this done at a big national showcase (not anywhere in New England). Its only relevant at u17, or maybe u16 if the teams has lots of d1-potential players. Name, year graduating, and # is about all you can list. Yes, coaches would like to have academic measures like standardized test scores, class rank and gpa, but questionable whether players want to publicly distribute that. Identity of hs isn't relevant. Position isn't either, as kids often play somewhere else depending on the team, it's coach, etc.

Comment

Have seen this done at a big national showcase (not anywhere in New England). Its only relevant at u17, or maybe u16 if the teams has lots of d1-potential players. Name, year graduating, and # is about all you can list. Yes, coaches would like to have academic measures like standardized test scores, class rank and gpa, but questionable whether players want to publicly distribute that. Identity of hs isn't relevant. Position isn't either, as kids often play somewhere else depending on the team, it's coach, etc.
        You have no experience with this sort of thing yet you are giving advice on the subject. To the person inquiring, this is not a new approach and if you look around, you will not need to reinvent the wheel. Just wait a minute and someone who has actually done this will lend a hand.

Comment

Make sure Coaches information is most prominent. Based on the various recruiting rules, college coaches can reach out to club coaches but may be restricted on players. Email, cell, head shots, YOG (may vary).

Comment

You have no experience with this sort of thing yet you are giving advice on the subject.
            Am I not reading something that you are???

Comment

HI -

I'm a manager of a U17G team here in New England.

We put Head Shot, Name, Number, Primary Position, HS, Graduation Year, GPA (if the girl wants her's posted) and a contact email

Coaches Info & Club Director Info -- this includes short BIO and contacted info for them

I always have them with me - but we mainly give them out at tournaments. We started making and distributing them at the U16 level

If you google soccer pamphlets you can view a lot of sample ones on line to get ideas then easily use something like Publisher to create your own -- We get ours professional printed we use staples and vistaprint, but there are a lot out there -- I find the cheapest one available at the time

Hope this helps

Comment

HI -

I'm a manager of a U17G team here in New England.

We put Head Shot, Name, Number, Primary Position, HS, Graduation Year, GPA (if the girl wants her's posted) and a contact email

Coaches Info & Club Director Info -- this includes short BIO and contacted info for them

I always have them with me - but we mainly give them out at tournaments. We started making and distributing them at the U16 level

If you google soccer pamphlets you can view a lot of sample ones on line to get ideas then easily use something like Publisher to create your own -- We get ours professional printed we use staples and vistaprint, but there are a lot out there -- I find the cheapest one available at the time

Hope this helps
                Is this 1999? All this information should be on your website. Easier to update and you can have the link at the field entrance

Comment

Is this 1999? All this information should be on your website. Easier to update and you can have the link at the field entrance
                  Simple answer - In hand at the field means by the time a college coach gets back to his home base he/she now has something tangible to look at and remember - a link just doesn't cut it.

But do put the link to your clubs web-site or teams web-site in the pamphlet.

If you don't have one for your team that is your prerogative, but for those who do - why do you care??

Comment

Yes, and automakers don't print those full color glossy sales brochures anymore either. Oh wait a minute, yes they do... Nobody's arguing that you can get 10X more detail about the make and model you're interested in online, but I still say give me a brochure to look at and reflect upon. Print is a very easy to use and and popular reference for many such things, and still has it's place here as well.

- 21st century guy

Comment

Yes, and automakers don't print those full color glossy sales brochures anymore either. Oh wait a minute, yes they do... Nobody's arguing that you can get 10X more detail about the make and model you're interested in online, but I still say give me a brochure to look at and reflect upon. Print is a very easy to use and and popular reference for many such things, and still has it's place here as well.

- 21st century guy
                      Completely agree. They like the paper in hand.We also leave some white space on our brochures, so the coach can write notes and we've seen many do that. The link to the web site doesn't cut it especially if they don't have a tablet with them. They use brochures as they move from game to game. Definitely do the brochure

Comment

Simple answer - In hand at the field means by the time a college coach gets back to his home base he/she now has something tangible to look at and remember - a link just doesn't cut it.

But do put the link to your clubs web-site or teams web-site in the pamphlet.

If you don't have one for your team that is your prerogative, but for those who do - why do you care??
                        I guess soccer coaches don't have I Pads?

Comment

Uh - yah our team coach does and is also a college coach, but has us make a brochure for our club team.

Comment

College coaches are at showcases to watch the games not to have their noses in I-Pads.

They don't want an entire bio, they want the basics. They know where to get the details if they are interested. It's called a quick glance.

Comment

College coaches are at showcases to watch the games not to have their noses in I-Pads.

They don't want an entire bio, they want the basics. They know where to get the details if they are interested. It's called a quick glance.
                              As opposed to have their noses in a handout they will misplace in a day to two.

If it makes you feel better to have something tangible to give them, knock your self out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X