Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girls HS - thoughts on coaching and playing style?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls HS - thoughts on coaching and playing style?

Now that we are half way through, wanted to poll parents to get some thoughts on coaching and playing style. Is there really that much of a difference between club and HS soccer? Is HS coaching up to par or a let down? My daughter is a freshman and we have been very disappointed in the coaching and quality of play (and our HS team is considered good). As much as I'd like my kids to enjoy the HS sports experience, our coach is so horrific, that I'm starting the think the Stars might be on to something by asking the girls to forgo HS soccer!!

this topic has been beaten to death

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Now that we are half way through, wanted to poll parents to get some thoughts on coaching and playing style. Is there really that much of a difference between club and HS soccer? Is HS coaching up to par or a let down? My daughter is a freshman and we have been very disappointed in the coaching and quality of play (and our HS team is considered good). As much as I'd like my kids to enjoy the HS sports experience, our coach is so horrific, that I'm starting the think the Stars might be on to something by asking the girls to forgo HS soccer!!
      What league are you in?

Comment

My HS has an excellent coach and program. The guy has no ego and doesn't come across as any different on the bench during the game as he does in person. Class.

Most coaches of the opponents strike me as egotistical, obnoxious impostors and I'd be horrified if my kid played for the vast majority of them. As it is I can't stand their act the one or two times I see them during the season.

Honest question, why do refs put up with some of the bull**** from these clowns the way they do? Break out the yellow cards and tell them to STFU.

Comment

Agreed. Not the worst coaching I've ever seen but extremely disappointing. Several of the kids considering not playing next year. Week after week, minimal scoring, yet nothing changes. Coaches need a degree of introspection. When the job is not getting done, something needs to change. Most of all, some coaches need to spend a bit more time listening. There is more to coaching than barking at players. It would be a shame if mediocre coaching in HS turned off some talented players.

Comment

this topic has been beaten to death
            Then move on to another thread. There is plenty to talk about.

Comment

We have a horrible coach. Several girls who are good kids and skilled players are on the verge of quitting because this guy prides himself on breaking these girls down and destroying their confidence and then wonders why his team of very talented club players can't play up to expectations. He should be fired, but everyone is too afraid to speak up for fear their kids will be benched.

Comment

We have a horrible coach. Several girls who are good kids and skilled players are on the verge of quitting because this guy prides himself on breaking these girls down and destroying their confidence and then wonders why his team of very talented club players can't play up to expectations. He should be fired, but everyone is too afraid to speak up for fear their kids will be benched.
                I guess we are lucky. Our HS has a very methodical protocol that ends with the AD and by all appearances works out well.

Comment

Most coaches of the opponents strike me as egotistical, obnoxious impostors and I'd be horrified if my kid played for the vast majority of them. As it is I can't stand their act the one or two times I see them during the season.

Honest question, why do refs put up with some of the bull**** from these clowns the way they do? Break out the yellow cards and tell them to STFU.
                  Saw a coach today who insisted on yelling out ref's first names when he disagreed with them. Felt very unprofessional.

Comment

Saw a coach today who insisted on yelling out ref's first names when he disagreed with them. Felt very unprofessional.
                    Today? Or yesterday up on a hill?

It gets so old. Does he think he working the next call? Helping his team in any way? Is he looking to get all the mistake in his favor? I feel like asking him sometime if he thinks it's classy or that it accomplishes anything at all.

Comment

Stop nit picking the heck out of things. Refs need to be talked to sometimes and refs need to talk to coaches. Most coaches have relationships with refs that they have known over the years. It's just like when you play a game you want to kill the team you are playing against and shake hands after saying good game. Enough with the petty garbage already and just let the kids play. Don't like it don't have your kid play.

Comment

Stop nit picking the heck out of things. Refs need to be talked to sometimes and refs need to talk to coaches. Most coaches have relationships with refs that they have known over the years. It's just like when you play a game you want to kill the team you are playing against and shake hands after saying good game. Enough with the petty garbage already and just let the kids play. Don't like it don't have your kid play.
                        The irony of you using the term nitpicking. LOL

When you say, "enough with the petty garbage already and just let the kids play," do you mean sort of like maybe 'shut the **** up coach for screaming the refs first name over and over a nitpicking complaint about an out of bounds call near halfway...and just let the kids play?'

If so, yeah, I couldn't agree more.

Comment

The irony of you using the term nitpicking. LOL

When you say, "enough with the petty garbage already and just let the kids play," do you mean sort of like maybe 'shut the **** up coach for screaming the refs first name over and over a nitpicking complaint about an out of bounds call near halfway...and just let the kids play?'

If so, yeah, I couldn't agree more.
                          Stick to watching baseball.

Comment

Stick to watching baseball.
                            Listening to that jackass on the hill screaming at the referees for EVERY single call he THINKS went against him makes me wish there were baseball umps on the field instead. They probably wouldn't put up with it.

Comment

Nice try JD

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X