Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red card in Middlesex Youth Soccer League

Does anyone know if a U14 player gets a red card, is he/she allowed to attend practice?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know if a U14 player gets a red card, is he/she allowed to attend practice?
    Yes they can

Comment

Yes they can
      So according to our BOD, he can not. I searched and could not find any information about practices. Any hints on where to look?

Comment

So according to our BOD, he can not. I searched and could not find any information about practices. Any hints on where to look?
        Maybe check your league's by-laws?

Comment

Maybe check your league's by-laws?
          I checked the by-laws before I entered into the TS shark tank. But thanks for the suggestion

Comment

I checked the by-laws before I entered into the TS shark tank. But thanks for the suggestion
            Maybe a town rule?

Comment

The board told you he couldn't, but wasn't able to document the rule to you? If you didn't ask for that documentation, I would by email. If the program's board or designated representative who handles such inquiries (Vice President?) can't respond to your request to document the rule in a professional and informative way, I would comply but request an opportunity to speak at the next board meeting. Youth soccer boards tend to operate as something between an incompetent bureaucracy and an oligarchy. If it's a rule, it shouldn't be difficult for the board to satisfy your desire to know more than just being told.

Comment

The board told you he couldn't, but wasn't able to document the rule to you? If you didn't ask for that documentation, I would by email. If the program's board or designated representative who handles such inquiries (Vice President?) can't respond to your request to document the rule in a professional and informative way, I would comply but request an opportunity to speak at the next board meeting. Youth soccer boards tend to operate as something between an incompetent bureaucracy and an oligarchy. If it's a rule, it shouldn't be difficult for the board to satisfy your desire to know more than just being told.
                That is just about the approach we just took. We both researched the issue and can not find any reason to that a player has to miss the practice. It is clear that he has to miss the game but the practice requirement was odd.

We should hear back tomorrow.

Comment

What was the reason for the red? Maybe a week off will be good.

Comment

Red card was issued because of 2 yellow cards. The first one was a misjudged tackle. Those things happen. The second one was talking back to the ref after a foul call.

RE: Practice ban.

I found it in the Middlesex Youth Soccer Coaching Guidelines.

22.c) A coach, assistant coach or player who has been ejected or suspended
                    may not return to any team in any capacity until such time as the suspension
                    has been lifted. Failure to abide by this could result in permanent
                    suspension from the MYSL.

I guess our player sits out the practice

Comment

Red card was issued because of 2 yellow cards. The first one was a misjudged tackle. Those things happen. The second one was talking back to the ref after a foul call.

RE: Practice ban.

I found it in the Middlesex Youth Soccer Coaching Guidelines.

22.c) A coach, assistant coach or player who has been ejected or suspended
                      may not return to any team in any capacity until such time as the suspension
                      has been lifted. Failure to abide by this could result in permanent
                      suspension from the MYSL.

I guess our player sits out the practice
                      Sounds like a lack of respect problem in the making. The more important red card should come from the parent who tells the child that it doesn't matter what the rule is, because mom or dad says you sit, and hopefully learn.

Comment

Sounds like a lack of respect problem in the making. The more important red card should come from the parent who tells the child that it doesn't matter what the rule is, because mom or dad says you sit, and hopefully learn.
                        Exactly. Parents are busy making excuses and trying to find loopholes. Tell your punk kid to shut his pie hole and apologize to his coach and teammates for acting like a jackass.

Comment

Exactly. Parents are busy making excuses and trying to find loopholes. Tell your punk kid to shut his pie hole and apologize to his coach and teammates for acting like a jackass.
                          Was thinking the same thing. Rules are rules. Look at where ignoring bad behavior has gotten the NFL and NBA.

Comment

I have to give the club kudos for having the rule. Obviously there are league rules, but I've never heard of a club having such a rule.

Comment

I am OP,

To the jackass that thought I was the parent, you are a dope. I am the coach and as the coach, I am trying to make sure I am following the rules of the red card for our youth league.

To the people that think that it was a lack of respect, I am not quite sure how someone can make that jump of judgement without witnessing the event.

Lastly, this is not a club rule. This is the rule of the Middlesex Youth Soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X