Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Training for U15 and Up

Our coach is training every Saturday or Sunday in the fall until the club season starts. The training is not mandatory. This is free of charge and we train for 1.5 hours. Are any other club teams doing this type of training and is it good for my daughter to try and make as many as possible.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our coach is training every Saturday or Sunday in the fall until the club season starts. The training is not mandatory. This is free of charge and we train for 1.5 hours. Are any other club teams doing this type of training and is it good for my daughter to try and make as many as possible.
    On boys side, blazers did this. If there are not injury concerns and your child is keeping up with academics, then yeah, more touches on the ball are better.

Comment

On boys side, blazers did this. If there are not injury concerns and your child is keeping up with academics, then yeah, more touches on the ball are better.
      Lucky. I'm in CT and that isn't allowed by state rules. My kids enjoys playing for his HS but knows the training is lackluster. He'd love to get in more time with his club team.

Comment

I would agree also that it is a good thing. I know your coach said it was not mandatory but I think the girls that attend will be much furhter along than ones that don't. They might even get more playing time if they attend, than ones who do not. The reason why I say this is becasue it sounds like he is getting quality touches with the players but also explaining his system of play in what is called shadow play. This is low intesity but great for team building and understanding what he expects them to do when playing. This sounds like he also does not want to get any players hurt for their high school season.

Comment

You're very fortunate. I would love if my D's team did this, but unfortunately they don't. I would even be willing to pay extra for Fall training. While she's getting lot of touches on the ball playing HS, the quality of the play isn't great.

Comment

It's a miracle college soccer ever existed before all of this year-round training and specialization.

Comment

Is your daughter playing HS soccer? My daughters HS team plays 2-3 games weekly and trains everyday but Sat. I think any more training would be crazy.

Comment

Yes, she plays high school and we play 2 times a week/train every day but Saturday. Our HS is pretty good but the coach is not very good. We have some very good club players at different ages but the rest are athletes.

Comment

The other parents think it is great becasue of the same reason. They are getting good touches and learning how to play rather than doing U10 activites. They are actually learning soccer. I really cannot wait until club season starts.

Comment

What's "U10" mean? Working on footskills?

Comment

The other parents think it is great becasue of the same reason. They are getting good touches and learning how to play rather than doing U10 activites. They are actually learning soccer. I really cannot wait until club season starts.
                      Not the OP but the stuff our HS team does is far less sophisticated than anything my son's club team does

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X