Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scouting

im entering highgschool and i was wondering how do people get scouted???On the movies they al do at high schol and stuff i was wondering if that true??? and how do u get scouted>?????ANd how good do u ahve to be ??and is it Hard>???

Sorry for all the questions :oops:

It is nearly impossible to get scouted at HS. Play club soccer.

Comment

first of all, depends what division of college ur lookin at, d1, d2, or d3. second, college scouts cant have any interaction with you in high school or club untill your junior year.

Comment

Club vs. High School recruiting

Most college coaches will scout CLUB teams at tournaments because one tournament weekend watching 10 or more games will count as ONE visit for the coach.

College coaches might go watch a semifinal or final state game if there is a particular player they want to see. I know that an Estero girls sophomore player got a look from FSU when her team was in the semifinals of state when FSU was there to watch a senior from the opposing team.

So, it does happen, but MOST colleges are going to go watch CLUB teams.

Comment

Re: Scouting

Originally posted by So-Retro
          im entering highgschool and i was wondering how do people get scouted???On the movies they al do at high schol and stuff i was wondering if that true??? and how do u get scouted>?????ANd how good do u ahve to be ??and is it Hard>???

The most important thing to worry about is your education and unless this is an adult pretending to be a freshmen in high school no freshmen that has writing skills this awful needs to worry about being scouted for anything - except another round of 9th grade.

Comment

No one gets scouted in HS. College coaches at the State Championships last year were less than 5! College coaches at Raleigh, Orange Classic, Disney, WAGS, Texas, Surf, etc. 300 + per tournament. 'Nuff said!

Comment

Not true. If your HS is a soccer powerhouse you can get scouted.

Comment

Scouts often read the paper too. Though scouts no doubt levitate to club soccer, it is not written about in the paper, therefore they must attend games. If a HS player is making the sports page on a regular basis, they will often inquire. So, is your name in a fairly large paper frequently? Are there feature stories about your HS accomplishments on the field? If not, a scout is not likely to hear about you if you only play at the HS level.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous

The most important thing to worry about is your education and unless this is an adult pretending to be a freshmen in high school no freshmen that has writing skills this awful needs to worry about being scouted for anything - except another round of 9th grade.
                  So-Retro has been on here before (entering HS) with the same type of juvenile posts on scouting. He/she has already gotten these replies. I think it's a put-on.

Comment

Go to Team Boca or Weston (south florida), IUS or CFU Orlando, Coutryside or Clearwater (Tampa) or Fury or First Coast (Jacksonville). If your live in panhandle just move.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous

u r dumb- u obviously dont text- get a clue parent...remember the shorthand days-- what were they uneducated???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X