X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast United Holding Trend

Is it just me?

I have been seeing the Seacoast United players holding the other teams arms + shirts (very cheap play).

There coaches seem to encourage this and games are playing indoor in there buildings so referee's are not calling this. Not just in the corners or behind players out in the open, Seacoast parents are even cheering on these plays.

Yes it's just you.

Comment

Seacoast U12 Girls playing in NEP this fall were like that.

Comment

My son plays for seacoast, his team is definitely one of the most physical in the NEP.
        I understand that is part of the game but their style is still a bit too physical than I like.

I also saw some other seacoast teams play. They seem just fine. So I guess it is not a club issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          My son plays for seacoast, his team is definitely one of the most physical in the NEP.
          I understand that is part of the game but their style is still a bit too physical than I like.

I also saw some other seacoast teams play. They seem just fine. So I guess it is not a club issue.
          This sort of physical play is usually indicative of a lack of skill and not hard to believe coming from a Seacoast team.

Comment

Is it just me?

I have been seeing the Seacoast United players holding the other teams arms + shirts (very cheap play).

There coaches seem to encourage this and games are playing indoor in there buildings so referee's are not calling this. Not just in the corners or behind players out in the open, Seacoast parents are even cheering on these plays.
            You would have to be more specific... I have not seen this happening with my son's team at all... Nor could I see his coach encouraging this. I don't mean to suggest that his team is perfect or has never committed a foul, but to your point... No, this has not been my experience at all. If you have specifics, your point may be more on target but you certainly can't generalize on a whole club / coaches as encouraging this. It almost feels "trollish" when you do.

Comment

Is it just me?

SEACOAST UNITED STORM - U12 GIRLS PREMIER
              NEP Girls U12 Championship Central
              Premier by name only
              Record 0=W, 8=L, 2=T came in 13th out of 13 teams.

Now playing indoor Seacoast Kingston U12/U14
              Seems like the only time they are not holding another players arm or shirt in when there on the bench.

Referees wearing Seacoast shirt and not calling holding at all.
              Even in the box, denying a goal scoring opportunity buy holding the shirt.

Comment

This sort of physical play is usually indicative of a lack of skill and not hard to believe coming from a Seacoast team.
                True that.

Comment

When everyone on the sideline can see this it's just poor sportsmanship.
                  Coaches and referees are to blame, you can't see everything but ignorance is no excuse.

When the referee is wearing the a Seacoast shirt that does not say much for the league or the game when Seacoast is on the field.

Comment

Relax. All clubs have teams that seem to do it more than others. If you get 1-2 players that get grabby then the team and club get labeled. The Ref and Coach need to address it. Not a Seacoast strategy.

Comment

Relax. All clubs have teams that seem to do it more than others. If you get 1-2 players that get grabby then the team and club get labeled. The Ref and Coach need to address it. Not a Seacoast strategy.
                      Kids are taught to play hard within the rules...at most clubs....It is up to the ref to handle excessive holding, tripping, pushing....whatever you want to call it. Almost any team can get more physical if the ref does not control the way the game is played.

Comment

coach

Please, the Seacoast teams are taught to take the body first then go get the ball after the other player is on the ground; I have witnessed (two feet away) a Seacoast player plant her shoulder into an opponent’s chest and literally sending the player three feet in the air slamming them into the boards. At that point the referee had seen enough, he called the coach onto the field and told him he was not teaching his players correctly and then removed the player. The entire game was interference, grabbing, running up the back of the other player’s etcetera; the worst showing of any team that I have ever seen in nine years.

Comment

This way of playing may not be the clubs way but every player wearing there shirt reprisents there club. The club it's self should be monitoring there teams and taking action long before these posts ever happen.
                          If coaches feel that the referees are not making the calls they should be reporting it to the league.
                          But do not forget those teams are out there to make Seacoast money so don't expect much to change.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X