Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 4

With week 4 comes some travel for the Nemesis.

Nemesis vs RVSC Storm in Medford
    Nemesis vs WUSC Rapids in West Linn

Looking forward to some good soccer this weekend

Players have fun
    Parents maintain control
    Ref's do the best you can
    Coach's remember why you are there.

Eggy- leaving tonight or in the morning, it is going to be a cool one over here. Good to hear from you. Over here we will try to be nicer to you than the other forum. It will be nice only having one game this weekend before we start traveling. Last weekend on Sunday we didn't even have a coach. The coach was out of town and the other 2 guys: one was not on the roster and the other one didn't have his coaching card, it was a mix up. The girls use the cell phone to commuicate with the coach on the other side of the field.

Comment

Comment

FC PORTLAND 3 VS BEND 0

Just one of those games.

Comment

What Happened

You guys forget to show up or what? FC PDX isnt that good... Are they??? You did what FC Will did last year in state cup beating SS Ir then loosing to the worst team on that side LO Dy and then not moving on in state cup. You beat all the big dogs and loose to the little yapping dog that bites your ankle. Were the girls looking past FC?

Comment

They got a couple lucky shots in and we just shot everywhere expect in the goal. Just one of those games you out play the other team and still loose. They put in a nice penalty shot.

Comment

Comment

Marine

yeah, and I think I remember them being the Oregon U12 State Cup Runner -up.

Comment

Re: Marine

Originally posted by GW
                  yeah, and I think I remember them being the Oregon U12 State Cup Runner -up.
                  It's funny how things turn out some times. They actually thought their season was over last spring. FC Willamette was leading the bracket and only needed to beat Lake O to advance in the State Cup. Instead, Lake O pulled off the upset and instead of advancing, FC Willamette went home and FC Portland advanced. And then they go and advance to the Finals. It was a great run for them and if we aren't all careful, they just might do it again.

Comment

Looks like the Timber won over FC Portland 1-0.

Comment

week 4

Yes small town you are correct about the score you just posted. From what I heard the goal was scored in the last 3 miunutes of the game. We all know you are from bend WHY do you feel it is so important to post anothers team score so quickly on the forum? Do you really enjoy seeing one team win and another loose that has nothing to do with you or your daughter who plays? I just kinda find it odd.

Comment

Comment

Oh, but it does have something to do with my D, One she use to play on that team. And it can change the standing in the Gold bracket and if you don't like it you can always go back to the other forum. But so far on this everyone like to know scores of the other teams. Are you from FC Portland or do you just like to complain. We would like to keep this forum different from the other one were all they do is complain complain complain about something or someone.

Comment

Thin skin

Hey, we all have our favorite team(s); a son's, a daughter's, a grandchild's... it doesn't matter. Some posters are a little more forward, Small Town for instance - but I do understand his enthusiasm for his daughter's team's success so far. Could he let up a little? I suppose. But some people are just too thinned skinned. Let it go people. If you don't like a post, ignore it and move on to the next. If you need to reply, recall your own imperfections first. One of the problems with youth soccer and any sport for that matter is we become so isolated behind our own team's banner that animosity builds up between people that in other circumstances may be friends. There are many comments on the forums about obnoxios parents on the sidelines, but what of obnoxious people in the forums. We all say we are trying to teach the kids good sportsmanship, how about we try it here in the forums as well. Post the scores, give recaps, don't be cruel to the kids or their parents. Debate the finer points of soccer. Be enthusiastic, civil, and take other's feelings into consideration and we can enjoy this little community. You may even find more people posting now and again if they don't feel they are just going to get flamed. Want to see a forum where the posters behave themselves (for the most part) go to www.washingtonpremiersoccer.com. Go into the Crazy Parents forum. Sometimes it gets a little heated, but the posters are generally friendly and don't take themselves or what is posted too seriously. Then come back here and talk about Oregon youth soccer, cause we don't really care what happens up North do we? Just kidding, just kidding, gawd can't you people take a joke?

Now look what you've made me do... I've gotten all preachy.

Oh by the way, my daughter is the greatest soccer player of all time, so there. :D

Comment

Most all of us on here are WPS posters so we know how that forum is run and would like to see this one run like WPS.

The OL forum can be left to the flamers and complainers.

Good Luck to all the teams this weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X