Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U9 Girls Teams

Anyone know where the more skilled U9 girls are currently playing? Looking to move from my local club to more selective group?

OK, I'll bite....where are you located?

Comment

Doesn't really matter. Rather not say, its a small state...... Let me know your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by soccer guy View Post
        Doesn't really matter. Rather not say, its a small state...... Let me know your thoughts.
        She is 8 years old, let her play with her friends. Find a trainer for one on one training.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          She is 8 years old, let her play with her friends. Find a trainer for one on one training.
          Agreed. She's so young. Let her play with friends where she can learn to enjoy the game at a young age instead of being dragged around to the "better" teams / clubs. From experience, at this young age, all the clubs / teams are essentially the same. Throw in some extra training and/or futsal or something as an "extra" where she will meet other players who are similar to her but you don't need to separate such a young player from her friends on the idea that she will be so much better off at a better / bigger club, etc. The clubs will tell you that, but it's really not true.

Comment

Matter of opinion

If you don't want to provide an answer to the question why chime in? It was a simple question and if he is trying to find players like his daughter than why try and hinder that? Playing with friends can get very boring if the friends are not strong or skilled at 9. To the poster I would say keep looking and you will soon find a better fit for your daughter. By the way the next few years are very important for growth. Do nothing and stay in town soccer and she will fall behind.

Comment

For the winter if you live anywhere near Bedford or Concord try Samba winter skills training. The coaches are awesome and you will meet other skilled 8 and 9 year olds. You can talk to the other parents and find out where their kids are playing and how they like the teams. And your daughter will get some excellent training.

Comment

If you don't want to provide an answer to the question why chime in? It was a simple question and if he is trying to find players like his daughter than why try and hinder that? Playing with friends can get very boring if the friends are not strong or skilled at 9. To the poster I would say keep looking and you will soon find a better fit for your daughter. By the way the next few years are very important for growth. Do nothing and stay in town soccer and she will fall behind.
                Completely agree with your last sentence. My son is now U15. He played town travel through the Spring of his U11 year and then went club. Now that he has played middle school and 1st year in high school, the gap between him and other boys who were as good at U11 is huge. Boys who were at the top of the group as U11's never improved or progressed. The lack of development was obvious. Some of them were certainly "good enough" at U11, but time and lack of training has left them behind.

Comment

Originally posted by soccer guy View Post
                  It does matter...If you are in Keene I would say NHPSA...if you are in Portsmouth I would say Seacoast...If you are in Dartmouth I would say Lightning...so it does matter!

Comment

Said the guy who chimed in without an answer to the question... Duh. The coach is important... The club is not at this age.

Comment

At this age, keep her close to home and try to supplement her regular training. You may want to sign her up for one of the Seacoast Jr Academys that are located throughout the state. My daughter did that when she was 8 and it really helped her.

Comment

Don't worry about the where, worry about the quality of training.

Comment

At this age the right touches and instruction is best, and I would recommend going for individual training or finding camps to help.

The club is the second step. Yes club soccer is better than Rec or town but at this age it's about touches so you want to offset the training with the right amount of touches. Most travel clubs will offer that for you without spending the 1,000 for an elite club, that comes later.

If your daughter is good or better than most the elite clubs will find her as she progresses her talent and at the age she is ready to commit to the sport. That is the time to find the right club.

Comment

To add to the right time, be patient with the elite club. Most times you have to put your time in to get on the right team. You may be on a "B" team for a while, but if she is that shining star, they will move her up to the top team.

Comment

It does depend on the location but for winter training to see how it she does with other quality players, then I would try a FutsalNH training program where they have players from all over.
                              If looking for a club, then in the typical populated areas it would Seacoast or World Cup on the girls side.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X