X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upset with Seacoast Epping

Ok! My first post.

To start I have been trolling on here for sometime just reading post ( which I love to do ) I have been involved in a lot of soccer. Seacoast, Seacoast express,Classic, ODP, Samba futsul, Dogs, JR academy and so on. I tell you so you know I'm not new to soccer programs or clubs

I had a very bad experience with Seacoast Epping tonight at practice. I walked down to see if my kids was on the field and just to peek at his practice. Well I was on the phone and Carlton who I did not know but I did see Ian Scott with him. Carlton came over to me while I was talking on the phone ( this was about 10 to 20 sec ) of standing watching practice and told me to leave as parents were not allowed to watch practice. I was floored, and I did nothing but walk away. However I walked up to the trailer and waited for him to come out of the trailer ( 30 min ) and when he came out I blissed him out for 10 min. I had never been treated in such a manner as he treated me. I won't go into what was said but from my side I was not nice in my action and my manner of anger. There were 20 to 30 other parents doing what I was doing on other fields
    ( watching the kids )

In a nut shell he told me this was the US Soccer rules. And all parents need to stay at the pavillion and not to go and watch practice. This to me has few flaws, one, I want to know my kids are safe and two, I'm paying for them to be there I want to know they are inguaged. But it was his attuide about how he handled telling me to leave. And Ian Scott has no ball$ I will be running into him next time I'm there

Thank you and I'm not done with this issue and I will never forget how I was treated by this jack $$$ today

Originally posted by Labzout View Post
    Ok! My first post.

To start I have been trolling on here for sometime just reading post ( which I love to do ) I have been involved in a lot of soccer. Seacoast, Seacoast express,Classic, ODP, Samba futsul, Dogs, JR academy and so on. I tell you so you know I'm not new to soccer programs or clubs

I had a very bad experience with Seacoast Epping tonight at practice. I walked down to see if my kids was on the field and just to peek at his practice. Well I was on the phone and Carlton who I did not know but I did see Ian Scott with him. Carlton came over to me while I was talking on the phone ( this was about 10 to 20 sec ) of standing watching practice and told me to leave as parents were not allowed to watch practice. I was floored, and I did nothing but walk away. However I walked up to the trailer and waited for him to come out of the trailer ( 30 min ) and when he came out I blissed him out for 10 min. I had never been treated in such a manner as he treated me. I won't go into what was said but from my side I was not nice in my action and my manner of anger. There were 20 to 30 other parents doing what I was doing on other fields
    ( watching the kids )

In a nut shell he told me this was the US Soccer rules. And all parents need to stay at the pavillion and not to go and watch practice. This to me has few flaws, one, I want to know my kids are safe and two, I'm paying for them to be there I want to know they are inguaged. But it was his attuide about how he handled telling me to leave. And Ian Scott has no ball$ I will be running into him next time I'm there

Thank you and I'm not done with this issue and I will never forget how I was treated by this jack $$$ today
    Sounds like Seacoast.....don't want the parents to see the subpar training they are getting for thier inflated fees.

Comment

Why are you playing at Seacoast int he first place? If you like the coach and the training, no harm, but it sounds like you dislike them anyway, so why did you go back!

Comment

Told you can't stand at field and watch practice

What age group is your kid playing on? Not sure why that is news to you but we were told this when we signed up. You can wait at the pavilion until practice is over. Were you not told this?

Comment

If it's US Soccer rules can a parent watch their kids practice at any club?

Comment

There is no need for parents to watch practices. You must not have read any emails from Seacoast to the parents that specifically ask them not to watch practices so the players feel free to try new things without being judged by all the parents on the sidelines. If you are worried that your child is not engaged at practice you should communicate that to the coach and ask for feedback. I personally hate it when other parents watch practices and my kids come home and complain about parents yelling out comments or clapping for their own kids. That is not what practice is about.

Now this situation sounds like it could have been handled better by you and by the coach. Maybe you could have calmly explained yourself and he could have calmly explained why they don't allow parents to watch practice. It shouldn't have been such a big argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              There is no need for parents to watch practices. You must not have read any emails from Seacoast to the parents that specifically ask them not to watch practices so the players feel free to try new things without being judged by all the parents on the sidelines. If you are worried that your child is not engaged at practice you should communicate that to the coach and ask for feedback. I personally hate it when other parents watch practices and my kids come home and complain about parents yelling out comments or clapping for their own kids. That is not what practice is about.

Now this situation sounds like it could have been handled better by you and by the coach. Maybe you could have calmly explained yourself and he could have calmly explained why they don't allow parents to watch practice. It shouldn't have been such a big argument.
              "There is no need for parents to watch practices"...."I personally hate it when other parents watch practices"....Who in heck died and left you in charge?? Sounds like you are having a good time over at Stalag Seacoast. I have been around club soccer for many years and have never encountered a club or coach who gives a darn whether parents attend practices or not. The parental behaviors you mention must be a Seacoast thing, as I have never witnessed this firsthand. I would be leary of any club not willing to do business in the open for all to see.

Comment

I am a seacoast parent. I know most of the coaches. But I personally think this is a stupid rule.

To me, watching on the sideline is part of the fun to have the kid to play soccer because I believe sharing the passion with my kid is very important. I also believe it is very helpful to give the kid the right feedback. How often do you receive an email from the coach regarding how your kid is doing in the club? One coach has to take care of 15 kids or more, how is he able to keep track of every child? To be fair, it is not realistic. I have seen that a defender in my son's team always passes the ball to the center-mid, never passes the ball to the winger. It had been going on for weeks. If his parent were there to point it out for him, it would be much faster for him to learn.

I sighed my son up without knowing this rule. only until the season started I was told by the other parents. I will definitely consider leaving the club if this became an issue for me.

Comment

This may have occured IF the coach had not approached me and berated me WHILE I WAS ON MY CELL PHONE. Also, though I know this is a rule, I had no intention of staying to watch, but was just checking to see that my child had made it safely to his designated field. I do like Seacoast, I do like my child's coach, but I do not agree that the 'Seacoast rule' or 'US Soccer rule' is being used as a platform for coaches to prevent me from being treated with respect.

Comment

Why are you playing at Seacoast int he first place? If you like the coach and the training, no harm, but it sounds like you dislike them anyway, so why did you go back!
                    It's not that we are dissatisfied with Seacoast as an organization, or my child's club team. They are a competative team with a lot to offer in the way of training and organizational benefits. HOWEVER, the fact that one coach (who I do not know) believes he is in the right to be so incredibly disrespectful in the name of "US Soccer Standards" is frustrating to say the least. I doubt very highly that the officials at US Soccer believed this bylaw/regulation would become such a negative point or they would have thought twice before adapting it.

Comment

OK, I have some experience here from a coach, past president of a club, and parnet of a premier player.

At younger ages upto U14 I had no problem with parents watching as long as they did not disrupt the training, i.e. cheering is disrupting, walking of the field, calling out to thier kid to play harder.

As a parent, I enjoyed watching my kid practice with their clubs and learned alot for my training with my players. Yes my son was not on my team and not in my club, but I learned a lot to help players I was training and understand the game better. I was a "mime" parnet, watch and learn do not speak.

Over U14 I have to lean on the club side, so they can pursue their philosophy, skill and training expeirence for the player and for parnets to be hangs off. Last thing I wanted was a parent uneducated or eduacated in soccer telling me how to run a practice, who should be captain, or how to manage a game. This is a critical time for a player to really develop his skills. Having Mommy or Daddy watching is NOT what any player wants. I learned the hard way. Watch from a distance but please keep your comments to yourself.

Before U14 no issue. I will listen to a parent, especially since most kids mentally and physicall development differently. Sometimes I adjusted training for that individual, different attention level, different communication, but listen to the parents.

As a parent myself, there are far better qualiifed coaches that can help my kid development than me. It took a while but I learned to communicate with my kid after practice, listen to my kids expeireince and enjoyed the success from my kids words.

Comment

What age is your child playing in?

What age? I assume he,she is under 12? If you were checking to see if your kid made it safely you probably should of said just that and you wouldn't of had any issue,no? my understanding is at the Academy level parents are strictly prohibited from being anywhere but at the pavilion during sessions! That is a mandate from US soccer.

Comment

So....parents pay what for Academy...$4k or so, don't get to check in on any practices...and maybe their kid plays or doesn't play in a game, and is rostered with how many other kids?

Hmm....

Sounds like a great deal

Comment

4k for academy!!

Yes 4k for academy. Even if a player isn't getting tons of game time playing in that environment is far superior to any other option available. They train 4 days a week with usually 1 quality game on the weekend! That's 16 practices a month with 4 -5 games. Do the math that's 160 training sessions. Not bad in my opinion. Come have a look this weekend New York Red Bull is here tomorrow! You decide what it looks like.

Comment

I am a new parent to Seacoast. I have a child in the U11-U12 age group (no need to be more specific). :)

I am confused. I do not recall receiving any emails in regards to watching practices. I do remember an email at tryout time stating that parents should give their players space, etc... Which seemed to be a gentle hint to keep away from the tryout process. Other than that, nothing else that I can remember coming from them in regards to watching practices.

I typically drop my kid off, do my thing and them come back for the last 15-20 mins or so of practice... I like to watch a few minutes and I see nothing wrong with that at all... And by the way, I would never yell out to my player or any other players during practice. So.... My question is ... Is this watching practices really frowned upon at Seacoast? I am interested in real feedback since I have not heard of this before. I am trying to understand if this is a DAP thing only or a club rule....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X