Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U14 Fall Schedule

I saw that OYSA had posted the Fall Season schedule for the Gold Premier bracket. My question is, why are there so few games?

From the OYSA Website: "Premier League teams: Teams in Gold and Silver Premier divisions will only play 8 games during the Fall season with the balance of games to be played in February and March."

FC Portland only has 1 game?! [I wouldn't call that a fall season! LOL!] The average is <3.
    Is it shortage of fields? Is the Spring season going to be this small? Can someone shed some light here?

Look at the breakdown;
    LOSC Extreme = 2
    FC Portland = 1
    SSC Hotspur = 2
    OR Rush 95G = 3
    USA Hotshots = 2
    ESUFC Arsenal = 2
    Sherwood Force = 3
    EMFC Magic = 4
    THUSC Sodium = 3

Cheers! :D

The balance of the schedule will be posted by Thursday September 10.

That is what the site says.

Basically it is saying hold on we are not sure of the full Fall Schedule until we figure out how to balance Nine teams instead of eight

Wonder why there are nine teams?

Comment

Gotcha. Should have scrolled down further.

I believe their are nine teams because OYSA chose to do it that way.

Cheers! :)

Comment

U13 have 9 teams too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          The balance of the schedule will be posted by Thursday September 10.

That is what the site says.

Basically it is saying hold on we are not sure of the full Fall Schedule until we figure out how to balance Nine teams instead of eight

Wonder why there are nine teams?
          It's so nice there is a smart a** in the crowd. I will tell you what this subject is getting old.
          Real old.
          My simple suggestion to you is get over it. Being bitter will only make for a long season for you. Glad I am not bitter, I suppose it will be a good season for me.

Comment

Excuse me, not sure why you would say that about a question.

Why does the U-13 division have 9?

Comment

soccer BS

Multiple clubs will be attending the next OYSA board meeting to discuss the 2 teams whom have been placed in the GOLD bracket for fall season w/o qualifying for the GOLD division. All we want is an answer and to make this right. Please let me know if your club is interested in attending the meeting, and I will give you all the time and date of the next meeting soon. Any parents that are also outraged by this please let me know and I will also tell you the time and place of the meeting. WHAT ARE WE TEACHING OUR CHILDREN IF WE DON’T STEP UP AND HELP????? ARE WE TEACHING THEM THEY ONLY NEED TO KNOW SOMEONE TO REACH THERE GOALS IN LIFE AND THAT THEY DON’T HAVE TO PRACTICE AND TRY TO EARN THEM????

PLEASE READ BELOW………………………………………………………………….

I am happy to receive your email as we have been in total disbelief since we were made aware of this decision. We spent several hours on the phone with Scott Enyart and Chuck Keers (OYSA Executive Director). And they seemed to be very comfortable in their decision. They justified it as THUSC Sodium was the State Cup winners at U11 and U12. Our contention has been that THUSC should have to make a choice as to what was important....qualify for gold or go to the “National” tournament that precluded them from participating in PQT’s.

Further more....if you look at the PQT results from the U13 girls and then the Fall brackets, you will notice that East Side has been given a 9th spot into the gold division as well, even though the result of the PQT had them placed in silver. Scott’s justification is that the coaching staff misunderstood the tie breaker during the tournament and that the OYSA official at the tent also gave them the wrong information so they felt compelled to let them into gold....even though they did not earn it on the field!

OYSA will tell all of us that the clubs are all treated the same. Unfortunately, their actions speak for themselves. We all know the rules of the competitions that we enter. If we don’t, shame on us as coaches. The actions and decisions made by Scott and OYSA are indefensible and border on unethical. I have never seen an governing body make subjective decisions like these in regards to competition.

The problem is, I don’t know who else to take these issues up with.

We are having a board meeting on Wednesday night and are going to discuss whether or not we should attend the next OYSA Board of Directors meeting. My guess is that the only way that we can make an impact is if we go in numbers and have a multitude of clubs represented. Please let me know what others are thinking.

Hi All,

Can someone please help me out w/ this matter. I am forwarding this string of emails to all board members of each region of US soccer, and most of the OYSA club presidents. I am asking that someone please help me out in this matter. I am embarrassed the way OYSA is breaking a rule for one club to place them in a division they did not earn while all other clubs in Oregon had to earn their spots. Please HELP someone. There has to be something we can do to ensure OYSA is held responsible and a change is made prior to the season starting. I have also asked for a response as to why this is allowed and have heard nothing back from Scott w/ OYSA?

It clearly stated 4 SPOTS in premier gold and 8 in premier silver.

Thank you all for your time.

Subject: Re: do you feel this is fair ......

Scott,

I believe an explanation is in order as to how it was decided that 9 teams could enter into the gold bracket instead of 8 because there seems to be a lot of confusion with this change. Most people I believe are under the impression that 4 teams automatically qualified to play gold and that the other 4 spots were up for grabs pertaining to the outcome at PQT's. Is that a correct assumption? Or is there another facet to all of this which allowed THUSC Sodium a spot in the gold bracket? I would simply like to know if there is a reasonable explanation for how Sodium was allowed an exception despite not being a part of PQT's, and I'm really hoping it's a logical one that can be found in the rules and regulations for the PQT's tournament.

Our children had to try out for a spot in the gold division, pay for the tournament, and one team was granted an exception. Just a thought, but I think this is unacceptable and very upsetting that an organization would conduct business this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That team did not pay, did not earn a spot and did not try out????

It is up to you if you want to let anyone know about this…I guess that is obvious, but I think we need to let all teams know that tried out for a classic team this is what OYSA is doing and I feel it is very unfair and unethical. I am hoping a lot of people write to OYSA about this issue.

You are correct there will be 9 teams in Premier Gold for the U14 girls this fall. THUSC Sodium is the 9th team and was given an exception from qualifying.

I am wondering how 9 teams are in the U14 gold division this year. When our team tried out there were only 4 spots available, and somehow there are 9 teams now. Maybe this is a typo on OYSA part? Can you please look into this and let me know if this is an error, if this is not an error, I would like to know why and how there are 9 teams in this division?

Comment

Oh my oh my does everyone have it in for Sodium. I suppose at least if Sodium wants to attend the meeting they will finally find out who the angry parents are now. That may be a plus to attend at least?

Since I am a non Sodium parent, what is it you really want OYSA to do? Do you really know if the team did not pay? One would assume they would pay. Is there actual proof of non payment? For some reason this just does not seem possible.
                Would you be happy if the team did pay? or would you just be happier if they yanked them and put them in to silver bracket?

I am thinking what would be the point of OYSA putting them in to silver? They didn't qualify there either.

Good luck in your meeting. Please keep us all posted on the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  Excuse me, not sure why you would say that about a question.

Why does the U-13 division have 9?
                  Excuse you actually. Can read between the lines ya know. Duh.

Comment

I would love to attend the meeting. Please forward me the date, location and time.

Cheers :)

Comment

question: would this thread even exist if the Sodium team would have been placed in a different bracket?

reads more like a witch hunt

Comment

As a U-15 parents reading this thread I would have to say that the teams in the Gold bracket that are complaining about the placement of THUSC in the Gold Bracket have a legitimate complaint. If the OYSA is going to place teams that don't go through qualifiers than they need to look north and place all teams and get rid of the "fund raiser" call qualifiers. Washington now places teams in their state league and the PDL places teams in their leagues. No qualifiers.

HOWEVER- Even I know that THUSC is a U-14 Oregon Gold team. The whole purpose of fall league is to get prepared for State Cup. To get prepared do you want to play easy teams that you know you will beat? Or do you want to play teams that will challenge the line-ups that coach puts on the pitch?

The best way to show that OYSA was wrong by placing THUSC in Gold is to make sure that they end up in 9th place. Teams 1-8 go out and beat them or be glad that your DD gets to play against a good team.

KEEP THE LAWYERS OUT AND LET THE KIDS PROVE THEMSELVES ON THE PITCH!!!

Comment

WHAT ARE WE TEACHING OUR CHILDREN IF WE DON’T STEP UP AND HELP????? ARE WE TEACHING THEM THEY ONLY NEED TO KNOW SOMEONE TO REACH THERE GOALS IN LIFE AND THAT THEY DON’T HAVE TO PRACTICE AND TRY TO EARN THEM????

I am the kind of parent who is up front with my kids. I explained to my kid what was going on with this. So from the mouth of a 13 yr old girl her exact response was "It's stupid".
                          So I ask myself the quote from above WHAT AM I TEACHING MY CHILD?
                          *If you complain enough you finally get what you want (or maybe not in this case)?

The next quote about knowing someone to get what they want?
                          So I ask myself again am I doing my part to help my daughter. So you are telling me that I need to put my girl on the THUSC team to help her get what she wants in life because of their coach? Wow. I really do have her on the wrong team. Thanks for the clairification.

Good luck in your gathering up the masses. Please don't forget to request each parent to bring their pitch forks. I feel it does bring a much more suttle feel to what you are tyring to get at.

Comment

Double edged sword here. The parents that are complaining in gold bracket say they didn't qualify, not fair.
                            Dump the team in silver and watch those parents complain about how they shouldn't be there and not fair the team is walking over all the others.

Sounds like Eggy has a way out, forget it and go play in Washington!!
                            But I do agree with Eggy. Let them play and prove it on the field. Make the team be in 9th place.

Comment

I'm with Eggy, as well. They've proven over the years they are one of the elite teams for their age bracket. They had a nice opportunity this summer and they took it. Good for them. I guess I don't get who is complaining... is it teams who qualified for the Gold Division or is it teams who did not qualify for the Gold Division? If it is the Gold Division qualifiers, I can only assume you're afraid and don't want to play them. Why make a big stink otherwise. If it is someone who didn't qualify for the Gold Division, then I can only assume you're jealous. Either way, it doesn't look good. Now, I can understand the argument that they did not qualify for that position so they should not be rewarded with a spot in the Gold Division, but they've consistently been a top team, had a great opportunity and should not be penalized for it. If they've been a bubble team over the years, then maybe you don't make that decision. Of course, if they were a bubble team, they probably would not have gotten the opportunity. Support them as an Oregon team playing in a National Tournament. Did any of the girls playing for other teams actaully notice what happened or was it all the parents? As for what to teach your daughter... take advantage of great opportunities. If you're team was offered a spot in a national tourney, would your team not consider it? From what I heard, Sodium weighed their options and decided to play in the tourney. Yeah, it was a risk, but hard work over the years has paid off. There is nothing wrong with that. Teach your kid to be positive and support the other teams in Oregon, not root against them when they represent Oregon! I hear what you're upset about... right & wrong, but is it really all that wrong? They've been a deserving team over the years, why shouldn't they be deserving this year? If I'm missing something, I have no doubt Unregistered will let me know, but from what I know about the situation (granted, it's pretty much only what I hear in this forum), I feel Sodium should be placed in the Gold Division. I can't speak to the Eastside team who was placed in that Division cuz I don't know anything about it. It looks like they added a team to Silver, as well (9 teams) so maybe they're balancing things out a bit? I dunno though.
                              Last edited by Shu's Daddy; 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X