Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHSA vs GSYSL

What is going on??? If anyone has any information about GSYSL pulling away from NHSA and the new NHSL, it would be appreciated... Also, have clubs made any decisions yet as to what club they will affiliate with for the fall??? Pros and cons for both??? Thx

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is going on??? If anyone has any information about GSYSL pulling away from NHSA and the new NHSL, it would be appreciated... Also, have clubs made any decisions yet as to what club they will affiliate with for the fall??? Pros and cons for both??? Thx
    GSYSL decided to go to US Club Soccer which presents a big problem for NHSA since a large chunk of NHSA revenue was from GSYSL. NHSA is trying to save itself with a new league! I am sure clubs will have some tough decisions to make, but my initial thought is that clubs may stay with NHSA as they would have say in the new league, instead of letting GSYSL make decisions for them.

Comment

The quality of play in GSYSL has dropped significantly over the past several years. One of the biggest reasons is that players are moving to Club/Premier level teams earlier than ever. It seems that each town team loses a couple to several players to these clubs (Seacoast, NHPSA, World Cup, Bolts, FC Stars coming into Manchester, etc.) starting as early as U10. Seacoast in particular has expanded its reach (i.e. Concord United Express) and is now placing all of its teams in NPL or NEP according to its website. No longer any team in Granite State league. Not sure if the others are following suit.

The result is less teams of lesser quality playing in Granite State. If that is the case, how can creating a new league increase the quality of play? It seems that things will get watered down more with some good and lesser teams in each league. This will eventually create even more incentive for parents to move their children to the Club/Premier teams.

If MAPLE were smart they would use this as an opportunity to approach some of the better non Club/Premier teams and ask them to consider their league. Maybe create a Northern Mass/Southern NH bracket in each division. This would be better competition for most teams than anything a watered down GSYSL and NH Soccer League could provide.

Comment

Incredible that NHSA did not work out the issues with both GSYSL and Seacoast leagues. Starting their own league is what started all this mess to begin. I would guess NWC would make the move since the VP of Comp for NHSA is DW, could be a NWC run league.

Comment

Incredible that NHSA did not work out the issues with both GSYSL and Seacoast leagues. Starting their own league is what started all this mess to begin. I would guess NWC would make the move since the VP of Comp for NHSA is DW, could be a NWC run league.
          Hopefully there will be some very specific information give at the meeting on Thurs because honestly right now it looks like a big mess. Why make yet another league? Can someone explain the NHSA position in regards to Granite State? Why can't they just stay with them and/or why did Granite State League drop NHSA? I am clearly missing the dynamics here and am looking for someone to catch me up to speed.

Comment

On the USClub Soccer website

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/main.asp...3-071fd3a1dc81

Comment

On GSYSL website

http://archive.constantcontact.com/f...185133719.html

Comment

On NHSA

http://www.soccernh.com/Content/dire...20rev%2004.doc

Comment

Is there really a question here as to who can run a league?

Comment

? on who can run a league

I don't think the question is who can run a league (I think they both can) I think the question is: what organization is best for main stream NH players??? Not sure US Club Soccer is the best fit for 95-99% of the NH players... Seems to me, USCS is more geared towards the uber competitive... Don't like the club pass rule and what it might do to small/medium size clubs. How are these clubs going to compete come playoffs/tournaments etc when the big clubs can pull top level players from 'A' teams to compete at lower divisions just to get the win and the status of "champion"... not sure how that is best for our clubs and our players... Let's face it, NH is not a hot bed for soccer, kids just want to play and feel that they are on equal playing ground with other teams...

Comment

Other than your opinion why do you think US Club Soccer is not suited? US Club has different levels of play, we are not talking about GSYSL being at the NPL level.

Club pass rule? That is purely a GSYSL rule and has nothing to do with USCS and never will.

Your are absolutely right NH is not a hot bed for soccer.

SO I look at it this way, who is better off running a league, GSYSL who has been doing this for decades or NHSA who has not.

Comment

The real question is: What is better for NH Soccer? USYS or USCS??

Comment

The real question is: What is better for NH Soccer? USYS or USCS??
                          Who cares which affiliation. It depends on the organization that is running the league and their ability to attract the best teams in the state.

Comment

Who cares which affiliation. It depends on the organization that is running the league and their ability to attract the best teams in the state.
                            Agree. The affiliation is not the issue, all fall under US Soccer. It is the organization. GSYSL clearly has the staff and experience to do so. Obvious there is something wrong with NHSA or they would not have left.

Comment

Agree. The affiliation is not the issue, all fall under US Soccer. It is the organization. GSYSL clearly has the staff and experience to do so. Obvious there is something wrong with NHSA or they would not have left.
                              I respectfully disagree, GSYSL will fold as most will stay with NHSA as NHSA has a better group of folks, IMO. I would bet Amherst, Manchester, Nashua, Bedford, maybe Seacoast, Londonderry and many of the larger groups will stay put.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X