Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nhpsa u9 going u10 for fall. looking special

Alot of word going round that nhpsa u10 girls fall team have assembled one of the strongest teams in the states from tryouts. Your thoughts on competition this year

World cup has a very strong u10 girls team as well. They are going to play in Maple somewhere. They played up in tournaments last year and won or went to the finals in many. Good to know there is some strong competition out there. My daughter is not on that team.........just wanted to add that so the critics can save their time.

Comment

U9 u10

REALLY???? You people are wacko. I bet they are wicked good. They go deep into tournaments? Seriously people stop.

Comment

Stop what???

what is wrong with a little enthusiasm about some young kids who happen to look good at their ages..............guess I don't get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          what is wrong with a little enthusiasm about some young kids who happen to look good at their ages..............guess I don't get your point.
          The point is.... They are 8 or 9 years old! Honestly a "looking special" comment? Cringeworthy... Let me guess Dad.... Your oldest kid? Relax.

Comment

The point is.... They are 8 or 9 years old! Honestly a "looking special" comment? Cringeworthy... Let me guess Dad.... Your oldest kid? Relax.
            You couldn't be more wrong. I am not the original poster. I made the reply on World cup..........I don't even have a kid on either team........I now several kids on the NWC team that I referred to before. They appear to be a very good team.........still don't know what is wrong with discussing that a team looks good........it wasn't like the OP said they were going D1 or anything....

Comment

You couldn't be more wrong. I am not the original poster. I made the reply on World cup..........I don't even have a kid on either team........I now several kids on the NWC team that I referred to before. They appear to be a very good team.........still don't know what is wrong with discussing that a team looks good........it wasn't like the OP said they were going D1 or anything....
              "Looking special" at 8 or 9 years old is just funny to me. I'm sure they are a strong little team. Good luck to them... I just think think that you are opening yourself up to criticism when you proclaim 9 year olds as special soccer players on T-S. You (or the OP) had to expect that, no?

Comment

Alot of word going round that nhpsa u10 girls fall team have assembled one of the strongest teams in the states from tryouts. Your thoughts on competition this year
                Oh yeah, I wonder where that word is coming from? And I know some of the players on that team and would not call them "special".

Comment

"Looking special" at 8 or 9 years old is just funny to me. I'm sure they are a strong little team. Good luck to them... I just think think that you are opening yourself up to criticism when you proclaim 9 year olds as special soccer players on T-S. You (or the OP) had to expect that, no?
                  Good point you make. I think people take this stuff too seriously. I don't see anything wrong with discussing a good team. I think "special" might be taken out of context because it is tough to see that at such an early age.

My daughter played on U11 team last year and they played a U10 Stars team that I would say was "special" they moved the ball around like 12 year olds. so for that age I would say it is appropriate.

To your point, I agree you have to be careful with any and everyting you say here

Comment

This past fall and spring they lost to local town teams in Granite State age appropriate. They must have added several new players to their roster. Top team at World Cup (which I believe played a year up in both fall and spring) was head and shoulders better than that team last year. Much more team speed and skill.

Comment

This past fall and spring they lost to local town teams in Granite State age appropriate. They must have added several new players to their roster. Top team at World Cup (which I believe played a year up in both fall and spring) was head and shoulders better than that team last year. Much more team speed and skill.
                      We are still talking about 8 or 9 year olds are we? This is the pitamy of this forum, goooing over children playing soccer. The best 9 years old when my kid was 9 is now a role player but at 9 he looked like Messi!!!

Comment

We are still talking about 8 or 9 year olds are we? This is the pitamy of this forum, goooing over children playing soccer. The best 9 years old when my kid was 9 is now a role player but at 9 he looked like Messi!!!
                        ok so at what age are you ok with us having a discussion? just want to be sure it is ok with you that we have a discussion before we proceed..........

Comment

ok so at what age are you ok with us having a discussion? just want to be sure it is ok with you that we have a discussion before we proceed..........
                          How about 18. If your in the top at that age then you are special.

Comment

I hope those parents who buy into what Premier soccer clubs are selling them will not be doing it at the expense of other sports their daughter could be excelling/having fun at. There is something to be said for playing multiple sports and then beginning the specialization process as a teen.

This is the path Alex Morgan took as a young girl. It is from Alexmorgansoccer.com.

"Very active at a young age, Alex participated in several sports until she was 14 years old. Traveling from soccer practice to basketball practice to softball, volleyball, and track, Alex was a multi-sport athlete well into her teenage years. She did not begin playing club soccer until she was 14 years old; several years later than most players who go on to reach the elite levels of the sport. Although she didn't have the level of experience her teammates embodied when she started, her talent exhibited that she could be an impact player immediately."

Comment

Parents, please keep this all in perspective. They have many years of sports, or not, ahead of them. Small sided soccer is designed to get touches on the ball and development. It is not about standings. A lot will happen between now and college. There is always a better team out there. At this age level they are still more interested in the post game snack. Half the time they do not even know who they are "versing." 6 months from now you should not know what the standings were the past season or the results of indoor games. Please keep it fun for the kids. The kids are outside running around with their friends. Do not let your adult competiveness ruin the experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X