Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast Needs New Leadership

This was posted on another thread. I thought I would post it here to debate the issue on its own instead of being buried somewhere else. To see the build-up to this point, please see the "Nashua World Cup and FC" post. . .

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I agree with this. Other poster is just trolling for trouble. NWC does fine in MAPLE and is a good competitive program. Are they the best of the best.........no. noone here said they were. I find it laughable that teams like Seacoast now have to travel to NY to play in theat league to find good enough competiton!!! They are not even winning or competing in the top level of the NEP......what a joke.

-------

Right on!

The problem with Seacoast is that they were pretty good in the girls groups up until a few years ago when they decided they needed to become a "regional presence". When they took that path, they started focusing on schmoozing the region power-holders to gain entrance into the various "higher levels". . .

What they forgot to do was to continue to focus on their players/teams to keep the level of play high enough to justify being included in these so-called "higher levels".

They "screwed the pooch for the pups", lost focus, and now that they are included with some of the higher level teams, will have a dismal showing against teams they might once have been able to compete against.

Seacoast should count themselves lucky that there are still enough dim-wits out there willing drink the kool aid and pay ever increasing fees for ever-declining quality!

----------

I wonder if it was a wake up call to Seacoast to go from sweeping the State Cup on the girls side last year to only having 3 girls teams going to Regionals this year. I would think parents might be hesitant to pay for all that travel for NPL league games if their child is on one of the teams that was unable to win at the State Cop level. There seemed to be a lot of drastic changes with several of their girls teams this year and it obviously affected them in a negative way.

I mean it seemed like there were a lot of new faces on a couple of their teams.

-----------

Definitely a lot of new faces on their girls teams. . . and a lot of old faces have left due to the lack of committment from Seacoast to many of it's long-standing players!

I personally know of several girls (long-standing players) from their upper age teams who are no longer playing because Seacoast brought in "the next best thing" and basically demoted these girls to practice and bench players. Teams that have played against some of the best teams in the region and were comptetive and won are now in disarray. . . Seacoast screwed the chemistry and ruined what should still be better than good teams.

I think you will see further defections from Seacoast as they keep trying to sell the "higher level opportunities" and continue to try to build teams by replacing players, instead of going with girls who have worked great in the past.

Their model is flawed (grow, grow, grow. . . travel further and further. . . replace competent existing players with perceived better talent. . . charge more to all but only give a few the better opportunities based on who kisses the most ass. . .etc, etc, etc).

They also have a less than adequate basis for recognizing talent, which goes along with the "next best thing" problem. "Hey, let's bring on these great new girls we've heard about, promise them starting positions at the expense of girls who have been playing together for years, and relegate existing girls to the back of the line. That will make us even stronger!". . . . "Wait a minute! Why aren't we winnning? Why did our overall success rate go DOWN? Why are girls who have been with the club for years not sticking around? Why aren't we sending as many teams to the finals of tournaments and to regionals? Why? Why? Why?"

"Hey, I have an idea, let's join another league that requires even more travel against questionably 'better' teams! The girls we've been telling for the last year that they are a 'marquis" team will certainly buy into this!"

And then next year. . . (1) "Why didn't we do as well as we expected in this new league? We built the best teams possible, brought in even more new talent. . . who cares about the 'sour grapes' players who left -- they weren't that strong anyways!" Of (2) "We beat every team we played in the new league by an average of 5 points per game! We told you that this team was GREAT! WE built it and WE know what we're doing! Told you so".

But what they fail to understand is that (1) You screwed up the team chemistry to bad by your antics that no matter who you brought in, the team is not a cohesive unit of girl who have been playing together long enough to know the nuances each possess and how to work together in a tight unit. And (2) You "beat" teams handily in the new league (NPL) because the suck! You sold your team/parents on this 'great new very competitive' league, but the truth of the matter is that it is really a conglomeration of "B" teams and the fact is you couldn't get into the ECNL so you sold the NPL as an ECNL-type experience.

Again, keep on selling the sizzle Seacoast. . . eventually your performance will be so low that you will not have any customers stupid enough to buy it any longer!

----------

Chemistry amongst players cannot be discounted. I would say especially amongst girls but I only have girls... so I can't be sure that is true. I, too, would say that Seacoast has lost it's direction. In their attempt to conquer the soccer world (or at least in NH), they have tried to poke their nose everywhere and recruit all over the place, pretend to "assist" other town leagues while grabbing up as much talent as they can get away with... Without blinking they have killed off town teams but using the tactic of "we're just trying to help out the town teams". Really? At their Junior Academy, PD will give you the talk about how we are not about recruiting from town teams... we are just trying to improve your town team's players and really train them, etc... That's great UNTIL they do recruit away your players. We are talking about the young players not at the older ages where more of that goes on anyway... Stop the nonsense Seacoast. PS, your coaching isn't that great anyway... and yes, I know!

---------

Consistency and chemistry are extremely important with the girls teams. I'm not sure what happened there this past year but whatever changes Seacoast felt they had to make obviously didn't work out for them. I'm sure some of the players they took on to replace the longtime players they discarded are a bit disappointed after being promised the world.

What is the cost to play on an NPL team?

Comment

Cost from SUSC or total cost including all the travel, etc?

Not sure if SUSC has disclosed NPL cost yet. . . but I'm sure it will be a premium over regular "elite" and "showcase" teams.

Comment

Don't forget Seacoast gets really pissed if you do anything outside of their control. Thus, not give for the overall development of a child or even someone who just wants a break from the same coaches.

Comment

I was looking for SUSC cost not including travel and accommodation etc.

Assuming playing NPL is more than regular fees, what are regular fees for playing on a SUSC A team, just so I have a rough idea as a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Don't forget Seacoast gets really pissed if you do anything outside of their control. Thus, not give for the overall development of a child or even someone who just wants a break from the same coaches.
            No crap. . . we received e-mails saying to not even consider ODP - "It ain't allowed"! And if your player was found out to be trying out for another club, expect ramifications!

Do what we say or pay the price!

Comment

I was looking for SUSC cost not including travel and accommodation etc.

Assuming playing NPL is more than regular fees, what are regular fees for playing on a SUSC A team, just so I have a rough idea as a comparison.
              For a high school age player, where there is no fall season, I would say $1,800 is close. . . but that is before recent announcements of new leagues and "opportunities". Also, add "extra" tournaments and coaches "stipends".

The base fee/tuition is the very bottom line. . . .

Comment

No crap. . . we received e-mails saying to not even consider ODP - "It ain't allowed"! And if your player was found out to be trying out for another club, expect ramifications!

Do what we say or pay the price!
                I'd love to see one of those emails posted

Comment

I really can't argue with the original poster. We have been with SUSC for over 6 years. This is the 1st time we have considered leaving the club.

Comment

I really can't argue with the original poster. We have been with SUSC for over 6 years. This is the 1st time we have considered leaving the club.
                    We are in the boat as well (only been there 2 years though). I think that there are more options today than there were a few years back for Premier and / or excellent training. People are starting to realize you don't need to travel that far for good, quality training. If I were within a short distance travel-wise for SUSC, that's one thing .... but if you drive a distance for practices -- SUSC is no different than other options out there. This is especially the case if you are on a second team at SUSC. Second team players -- Don't waste your time and / or money!! Or, don't waste your money if you are a Premier player who doesn't see the value of traveling to NY / NJ for games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X