Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Tryouts

How are high school tryouts going? My DD found out yesterday she made JV I at Cleveland. Has one FC Portland DD on her team. The only two freshman to make it on Varsity are from ESU. They are really good players who work hard. Just wondering what other schools and levels kids are making?

My DD just found out last night that she made JV at Westview with 4 freshman players from WSM Harambe. She says that she does not think any freshman made Varsity. But I am curious...were the numbers down at Cleveland? The Westview coaches told these players that this year's turnout was lower than expected and a business partner of my husband told him that Aloha HS had low numbers too.

Comment

So far I know of in Bend - Mt. View HS- 3 made Varsity and 1 made JV1 team.
      Bend HS- didn't take any new players for Varsity
      JV1 and JV2 5 girls
      Summit HS- don't know yet
      Redmond HS- don't know yet

Comment

Over in the Couve

Hockinson 4 Freshman on Varsity
        Union 4 Freshman on Varsity
        Skyview 2 Freshman on Varsity
        Hudson Bay 2 Freshmen on Varsity
        Last edited by eggy; 08-28-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

JC/Possession Players

3 girls from the FCW Possession will have an imediate impact at Junction City. The Tigers did take a shot losing their all league Junior Center Mid to a broken arm last week. So the Freshmen will be throne into the fire right out of the gate. All 3 could start and will contribute in their first year of HS soccer.

Comment

I honestly don't know if numbers were down at Cleveland. I do know over 60 kids attended tryouts. They took 18 on Varsity and 20 on the other two teams. I've been told that high school soccer is A LOT different from club soccer. Can anyone elaborate?

Comment

Truth;I honestly don't know if numbers were down at Cleveland. I do know over 60 kids attended tryouts. They took 18 on Varsity and 20 on the other two teams. I've been told that high school soccer is A LOT different from club soccer. Can anyone elaborate?

I was told that High is more for the Fun of it. We had 2 girls last year playing HS ball and for them I think they play more aggressive from playing with the older girls because they were on Varsity.

Comment

HS is different. It is more physical and less skilled. It is for the fun of it, school spirit and the opprotunity to play in front of your friends etc. I find that the freshmen coming in are better than the seniors going oug out when they were freshmen. That is because of the better training and competition that the kids are getting at the club level.

Comment

Agree

I agree with the above post. I now have 2 playing HS ball. They both play club ball which can be a grind with extensive training/schedule. But what our oldest likes is she can play with and in front of her HS peers. It is also a kick for her to play against her club team members in HS season. Although in our daughters case, it is a talented Marist club.
                  More FCW Possession players will find their way on varsity rosters in the 5A and 6A Eugene area schools. Hard to tell how many because it depends on team needs and coaching preference in keeping older players or bringing up a freshman.

Comment

Ireland players

Tualatin 4 Varsity/1 JV
                    Jesuit 1 Varsity/1 JV
                    West Linn 1 Varsity
                    Sherwood 3 Varsity/1 JV
                    Newberg 1 Varsity
                    Central Catholic 1 Varsity
                    Southridge 1 Varsity

Comment

Originally posted by Small Town View Post
                      So far I know of in Bend - Mt. View HS- 3 made Varsity and 1 made JV1 team.
                      Bend HS- didn't take any new players for Varsity
                      JV1 and JV2 5 girls
                      Summit HS- don't know yet
                      Redmond HS- don't know yet
                      Summit HS - 5 grils all on JV
                      Redmond HS 1 girl but is injured so she didn't get to tryout
                      2 girls didn't tryout for HS

Comment

Possession Players

Here is what I know about FCW Possession players on Varsity - some of this could change this week as some coaches are taking an extended look at some of the players.

Junction City 3
                        South Eugene 2 ( and another swing player with JV 1 )
                        Marist 1
                        Churchill 1 and 1 X player ( others on JV)
                        Sheldon 1 (some on JV1 )
                        Thurston 1 (possible 2 more ) several on JV

Comment

Possession

My bad - one of the 3 JC players is now a X player.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X