Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast moving to NY club soccer

I saw this in another post in the mass blog.....does anyone have any more info? Wondering which clubs would play in this. Would it not play in NEP or is this in addition to NEP?

Thoughts?

nyclubsoccerleague.com/default.asp

Seacoast United Girls To Join National Premier League, Fall 2013
    April 24, 2013

HAMPTON, NH - Seacoast United is proud to announce that it has been accepted as one of four New England club joining the National Premier League (NPL) beginning in the fall of 2013. For the past two years, Seacoast United has researched the best available league to offer its elite female players throughout northern New England, resulting in the acceptance into the NPL.

Seacoast United, one of the original clubs selected as part of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy program on the boys side is now able to offer a similar high-level of competition through the NPL for its female players.

The acceptance of the Seacoast United girls program into the NPL will allow the Club for the first time to create a team at each age group that combines elite players from within Seacoast United's family of clubs.

"Seacoast United will continue to strive to provide the best opportunities for its male and female players," commented Iain Scott, Seacoast United's Director of Coaching. "Participating in the NY-NPL provides regional and national exposure for our elite female players to compete at the highest level possible throughout the year."

The addition of the New England clubs brings the Girls NY-NPL division to 16 members for the 2013/14 season. Seacoast United will enter one team in each of the U12-U18 age groups. The NY-NPL is a US Club Soccer sanctioned league, and promises to provide the most competitive schedule based in the Northeast region. Read the US Club Soccer press release here.

In 2012, Seacoast United had finalists in every age group from U12-U18 in the New Hampshire and Maine State Cup competitions, resulting in 9 combined State Championships.

Seacoast United recognizes that the NPL provides the opportunity for its players to compete against the top clubs within Region I committed to player development. Member clubs in the NY-NPL include:

Aztecs Soccer (MA)
    Massapequa Soccer Club (NY)
    NJSA (NJ)
    Parsippany Soccer Club (NJ)
    Brentwood Soccer Club (NY)
    MPS (MA)
    NY Rockland Sting (NY)
    Seacoast United (NH)
    HBC Soccer Club (NY)
    NEFC (MA)
    NY Rush (NY)
    STA Morris United (NJ)
    ISA (NY)
    NJ Crush (NJ)
    Oakwood (CT)
    Yankee United (CT)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I saw this in another post in the mass blog.....does anyone have any more info? Wondering which clubs would play in this. Would it not play in NEP or is this in addition to NEP?

Thoughts?

nyclubsoccerleague.com/default.asp
      So I guess Seacoast has to move to teams competing in NY / NJ because they have been destroying their competition in NEP? :)

This is getting out of control people. Why are parents falling for his?

Comment

NHPSA girls premier program will be done in by this development.

Comment

NHPSA girls premier program will be done in by this development.
          Are you nuts...

Comment

Will this keep them from losing players to Stars? Doubt it.

Comment

Will this keep them from losing players to Stars? Doubt it.
              Maybe. Players leave clubs for many different reasons. Sometimes it is because of negative experiences and sometimes it is because a player wants to try something new and harbors no ill will towards their old club. It actually speaks very highly for Seacoast that they developed players who are able to play on the Stars top teams and from what I understand, are doing very well there. Maybe this new league will keep some players who were going to leave but it is still an individual decision.

Comment

This move is because SUSC can't get into the ECNL.

Comment

I am so happy we are no longer involved with this madness!

Good luck to all those who will be spending countless weekends driving to NY/NJ! You will spend 5+ times as long in the car as your kids will on the field and against mediocre competition to boot! Don't believe it? Look up the teams you'll be playing against.

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea has been fooled by SUSC AGAIN! Suckers! Keep on drinkin' the kool aid.

Comment

This move is because SUSC can't get into the ECNL.
                    I am not sure about this comment..........Other teams going to this are the Aztec and NEFC. Other top tier programs in the area.

Comment

I am not sure about this comment..........Other teams going to this are the Aztec and NEFC. Other top tier programs in the area.
                      First off, Aztec are not "top tier". Secondly, if you think NEFC is sending their "A Team", you are sadly mistaken.

This league is made up of teams no stronger than you are already playing -- in fact, many are weaker teams than you are already playin.

The only thing you have to look forward to are longer drives.

The poster who stated that SUSC went NY-NPL because they couldn't get into ECNL is spot on!

Comment

Are you nuts...
                        Not at all. NHPS has no playing outlet for its top girls teams other than NEP. NEP is losing the "A" teams from NEFC, Aztecs and Seacoast all of which will now be playing in this new league. With Scorpions and Stars ECNL teams already gone, NEP is now reduced to B team status. If you were an ambitious and able player why would you play in the NEP backwater?

Comment

Drinking the water NHPSA

Its so sad that all these NHPSA people have been sold the bill of goods with regards to NEP and they think it's the top tier! I have news for you people unfortunately you have to drive away to get better games. It's just a fact! NEP is mediocre at best. Maybe a few good teams in the top brackets for each age group. Actually strongest at U11-U12 because there are not any other options yet for the better players.

Comment

First off, Aztec are not "top tier". Secondly, if you think NEFC is sending their "A Team", you are sadly mistaken.

This league is made up of teams no stronger than you are already playing -- in fact, many are weaker teams than you are already playin.

The poster who stated that SUSC went NY-NPL because they couldn't get into ECNL is spot on!
                            Interesting comments here and I am not being sarcastic. I really meant the Mo Keita's U11 team is top tier. they are excellent. I should have clarified.

I would have assumed that NEFC would have sent it's central united U11 team but you seem confident they are not. Why? I am honestly asking. Will the top teams stay in the NEP? If so, what is the point at all?

Comment

NPL is a parallel league to ECNL both under US Club. The level of play is probably below a lot of ECNL teams, but not all. I think you may see more interaction between the two leagues going forward.
                              NEFC and Aztecs both have some top tier teams and they will be sending them to NPL. NEFC will move teams(s) from R1 which some claim has been weakening.
                              The idea that these clubs can't get into ECNL is probably correct but a good portion of that is political. ECNL clubs, with ECNL board members, are protecting turf and recruiting the best players from other clubs. This makes it very difficult for these other clubs to produce the number of top teams required for ECNL consideration, a catch 22 so to speak.
                              I think this move for these four clubs will be perceived by many families as a better opportunity for their daughters. Because of that they'll draw more interested players for tryouts and their top teams will improve for next year in the NPL. To them, the little bit of extra travel will be worth the experiment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X