Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presidents Cup - U12

Does anyone have an opinion on why there are only two teams playing in the Presidents Cup for at the U12 level? I know it is not as important as the State Cup but I believe the winner plays in a region 1 tournament correct? I am not up on all the rules etc....which is why I am asking. It seems at the very least it is a tournament where you should be able to play against competitive teams with a shot at region 1 teams later .......only two entrants tells me I am missing something....Cost maybe? Interested in people's thoughts.

There are divisions with only 1 team, where they will play the #2 from a lower age group. Looks like the President's Cup is dying. If it wasn't for World Cup and Seacoast, there would be nobody playing. It looks like a failure at the grassroots level to get the town teams involved.

Even in State Cup there are divisions with few teams playing

To me the blame has to rest on the shoulders of NHSA

Comment

I guess I don't understand your comment about the NHSA. And I am not defending them. I would simply think that a tournament where the winner plays against other region one teams would be enough to attract plenty of teams looking for high level games regardless of the NHSA. I mean, local tournaments bring way more talent to the table than this. Why would NHPSA not have a team in the tournament. They have a very talented team and could probably win it and move on to region 1. Like I said before, I am sure I am missing something but it just seems odd...........

Comment

I said in my opinion the blame rests on NHSA...not NHPSA.

The state organization...not the club

Comment

And first of all, let's not get carried away here. No high level games will be played in the President's Cup. None. You would be lucky to get a high level game in State Cup. Not saying they don't exist, but I wouldn't call the majority of State Cup games "high level".

But still, you are right, I think President's Cup is a good way for lower level teams to gain access to other equally skilled teams in the region

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I guess I don't understand your comment about the NHSA. And I am not defending them. I would simply think that a tournament where the winner plays against other region one teams would be enough to attract plenty of teams looking for high level games regardless of the NHSA. I mean, local tournaments bring way more talent to the table than this. Why would NHPSA not have a team in the tournament. They have a very talented team and could probably win it and move on to region 1. Like I said before, I am sure I am missing something but it just seems odd...........

Comment

I said in my opinion the blame rests on NHSA...not NHPSA.

The state organization...not the club
            Please re read my post. I used them correctly. I still wonder why the NHPSA would not have a team in the tourney and I still wonder why you think the organization is partially to blame. Or fully. I am not saying you are not correct , I was curious to what they as an organization could do

Comment

Please re read my post. I used them correctly. I still wonder why the NHPSA would not have a team in the tourney and I still wonder why you think the organization is partially to blame. Or fully. I am not saying you are not correct , I was curious to what they as an organization could do
              NHPSA does not have teams in the President's Cup because their teams are playing in State Cup.

What NHSA (the State organization in charge of running the tournament) needs to do better is communication with the smaller clubs and town teams. The communication from NHSA is poor. As an example, the deadline to register was January 15th. Some of the smaller clubs and town teams/coaches may not understand what the President's Cup is, nevermind that the registration deadline was in the middle of the winter. Also, outdoor games in the beginning of March in NH? Why?

Comment

I'm the one that blamed NHSA. And I think the poster above me has it correct. Does NHSA go knocking on the doors of smaller clubs trying to get them more involved? Probably not.

NHPSA has only a few teams in GSYSL. They might be the ones to compete in President's Cup. The NEP teams are playing State Cup

Comment

Does anyone have an opinion on why there are only two teams playing in the Presidents Cup for at the U12 level? I know it is not as important as the State Cup but I believe the winner plays in a region 1 tournament correct? I am not up on all the rules etc....which is why I am asking. It seems at the very least it is a tournament where you should be able to play against competitive teams with a shot at region 1 teams later .......only two entrants tells me I am missing something....Cost maybe? Interested in people's thoughts.
                  According to the NHSA site the Region 1 tourney for Presidents Cup will be held in NH over Memorial Day. I would think that would be an incentive to play but maybe not based on the numbers.

Comment

According to the NHSA site the Region 1 tourney for Presidents Cup will be held in NH over Memorial Day. I would think that would be an incentive to play but maybe not based on the numbers.
                    Maybe if NHSA had promoted the event, it would have. A bit too late, considering that most of the NH President's Cup games have already been played.

Comment

Went up to Rock Rimmon field to watch a few games last year. A few of the girls teams from out of state looked very good. One team, from I believe Lancaster, PA, would have beaten, in my opinion, most of the NH State Cup teams. Although maybe not competitive in this state, the teams from out of state look pretty good. So if you can win you'll get some decent games at the regional level.

Comment

There are far better memorial Day tournaments than this, hence the reason no one goes!

Comment

Presidents Cup

The only reason I did not register my team to play is the March game schedule. Most of my soccer players are still involved in playing basketball.. The Manchester Suburban Basketball League starts their playoffs the beginning of March and this year ended March 18th. If the Presidents Cup games started early April, I would have signed us up to play... Perhaps they should reevaluate the game schedule, I can't be the only coach who encounters conflicts because of kids playing multiple sports...

Comment

Maybe if NHSA had promoted the event, it would have. A bit too late, considering that most of the NH President's Cup games have already been played.
                            Not played yet due to weather (snowstorms).

Comment

Not played yet due to weather (snowstorms).
                              My bad... Many games played just not in all age groups. Younger groups pushed out ...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X